2015 Alfa Club 10 hour Relay

Started by Neil Choi, July 06, 2015, 12:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick A

Quote from: ian bennett on July 19, 2015, 08:37:16 PM
in reply to choderboy 
i was just expressing an opinion , thats what the forums are for   , unless i am mistaken
if you also note  i was showing disappointment with the lack of communication , rather than just springing it on us  when the sup regs were released
i did not mean  to sound negative  , and i certainly wish all competitors well and hope it is an outstanding success
ian bennett

Also, you were privellaged to even recieve those regs, they were only sent out to previous entrants to give first dibs on entry, as you know it's a very popular event so once you miss one the only way to get back in when another team leaves. So you may have to wait a few years for a spot to become available again.

If you really wished the event success I think you would have entered. Not written it off at the drop of a hat.

Just my opinion, this is a forum.

Evan Bottcher

Please don't continue this argument any further in this announcement thread.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Mick A

aggie57

I reckon this is a great initiative by Neil and the committee to make better use of the (expensive) track time available and give the competitors a new challenge, while avoiding the noise issues a longer Sunday event would have involved.

Go Camry's!!!!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

kartone

MODERATOR, please impose a $1 fine for each time the Cccaam... word is uttered; BBQ money :)
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

hmd

Quote from: aggie57 on July 21, 2015, 06:02:23 AM
I reckon this is a great initiative by Neil and the committee to make better use of the (expensive) track time available and give the competitors a new challenge, while avoiding the noise issues a longer Sunday event would have involved.

Go Camry's!!!!

+1, Camry jokes aside. I've been to 3 6-hours and always wondered after the first Saturday morning practice session what I should do with the rest of the Saturday... to save the car for Sunday or do more practice ....

This is the same reason Porsche club (PCV) does a 4 hours Sandown in a one day event.

Bring on 2029 24-hour event ;)

Neil Choi

Quote from: hmd on July 21, 2015, 03:09:22 PM
This is the same reason Porsche club (PCV) does a 4 hours Sandown in a one day event.

No, not quite correct and not the reason.

aggie57

Quote from: kartone on July 21, 2015, 12:27:17 PM
MODERATOR, please impose a $1 fine for each time the Cccaam... word is uttered; BBQ money :)

Ok. Let's move to Hyundai Excels. Oh wait, one if them turned up a couple of years ago and outlasted most of the Alfa's. Oops!!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: aggie57 on July 21, 2015, 11:35:12 PM

Ok. Let's move to Hyundai Excels. Oh wait, one if them turned up a couple of years ago and outlasted most of the Alfa's. Oops!!

Besides, they're driven by all the boy racers who couldn't afford Lancers. Hardly the image we want to present.

What are the regulations on the HSD system found on some Camrys, when, if at all will it be allowed to be engaged?

Neil Choi

Mary Colautti has organized a special Alfa 10 hr Relay dinner for the Saturday night, 17th October.  All are invited and the event has generously subsidized the cost of the dinner.
So come along and help us celebrate the 10th running of this ever so popular endurance Relay event.

Info and form attached.

Reply to Mary as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we are limited in places.

Neil Choi

The Alfa 10 hr Relay is now full, all team entries were confirmed today.  An oversubscription was reached within a day and a half from open of entry.  The absolute full field includes 12 Alfa teams (one from NSW) and from our cousins, two Fiat teams (one each from Vic and NSW).

The organization is well underway with a special dinner planned.  Two full day of competition, busy schedule but still time to relax and enjoy the weekend, hopefully.  It is designed to keep all busy and at high intensity, no rest for the wicked.

For club members, all are welcome to come up and enjoy the spectacular of racing Alfa's, help a team or two, do some officiating if you are willing.  Come to the dinner, have a few drinks and laughs with the teams.  Two full days of track action with great viewing from all points of the track.

If staying overnight, best to book your accommodation now.

If coming up, cruise up in an Alfa especially a 105 or an Alfetta, the racers will always need spare parts.

Looking forward to see as many members at the event.

been nice to be put in a team :(
So I guess me and my 33 will be sitting at home

colcol

Don't be too downcast Enzo, as you know sometimes cars and drivers don't come together at the right time and there for there may be some drop outs, if you can't get in a team, then come up and have a look how the best regularity race in the world is run and you will get a feel for it and get ready for 2016.
Would be good to get a team of boxer Alfa Romeo cars together as a full team.
A few years ago a team of boxer motored Alfa Romeo's got fourth outright.
Alfasuds, Sprints and 33's are getting a bit thin on the ground now, so there are less dodgy ones to buy off ebay for $50, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

I guess I am that kid that every body picks last and both teams don't want.LOL
Thasnks colin was going to come up to have watch on weekend
Does any one out there wanna form a team of boxers for next year

pasey25

Quote from: enzo164 on September 22, 2015, 08:36:29 PM
I guess I am that kid that every body picks last and both teams don't want.LOL
Thasnks colin was going to come up to have watch on weekend
Does any one out there wanna form a team of boxers for next year

you poor bugger. if you're really feeling downcast you can join your Italian cousins on the Lancia Rally in castlemaine on the same weekend
Current:
1969 Lancia Fulvia 1.3s Coupe
1967 Lancia Fulvia Berlina GT
2017 Abarth 595 Competizione
1991 Alfa SZ #440
1967 Fiat 850
1966 Fiat 850
1969 Giulia Super
1989 Alfa 75 Twin Spark

Past:
1967 Lancia Fulvia Berlina GT
2005 147 GTA Monza Sele 59/100