2015 Alfa Club 10 hour Relay

Started by Neil Choi, July 06, 2015, 12:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

The Alfa Club will be running the Alfa Club Regularity Relay into its 10th year, in celebration of this continuous and successful achievement, the 2015 event will be now be known as the Alfa Club 10 hour Relay.  You guess it, the event will be a 10 hour relay to celebrate our 10 years of running the event.
The concept will be to run qualifying during Saturday morning for 3 hrs, with the start of the Alfa Club 10 hour relay beginning at 2pm, for 4 hours, stopping at 6pm.  On Sunday, the remaining 6 hour will continue from 10am until 4pm.  The results will be calculated from the two combined days' competition.
New rules have been implemented, they include a tiered lap time scoring format, proportioning driver track time limitations and limited pitboard communication to drivers.  Details will be in the supplementary regulations.
Entry will be open to the general motorsport community via this Alfa Club competition forum and the dedicated website on 20 July. If you delay your entry, it will be fill out quickly as there is a big demand for team places and we have limited places as you are aware.  I wish to look after all but I can't help you once the event is full.
Dedicated website http://www.alfaclub10hour.org.au/

Evan Bottcher

Also worth noting - the event is to be held 17th-18th October 2015.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Any Alfa members interested in forming or joining a team, you can contact me to discuss and I will help you out.

Neil

hmd

Quote from: Neil Choi on July 12, 2015, 07:53:47 PM
Any Alfa members interested in forming or joining a team, you can contact me to discuss and I will help you out.

Neil
Neil,
my Camry is on back order

Neil Choi

Don't worry Hung,

You can share my Aurion "V8" automagic with downforce.  After we have been to the supermarket.

Neil

ian bennett

i am very disappointed in the the decision to change it from 6 hrs to 10 hours
i  along with several others are  withdrawing  our  entry , the 6 hr format was a well documented success, why change it ?
also disappointed in the lack of consultation with former entrants and clubs , 
ian bennett 
toyota car club  vic

Stephen Aarons

Guess you can't please everyone. I cannot wait for the new format, makes better use of the Saturday track time.
1989 75 3.0 (Weekend Toy)
1982 GTV6 (Project)
        oo=v=oo
2001 156 (TS Cup Car)
2015 Nissan Navara (Daily drive/Tow car)

Stephen Aarons

Also there will be less Toyotas to pass. Win win for all.
1989 75 3.0 (Weekend Toy)
1982 GTV6 (Project)
        oo=v=oo
2001 156 (TS Cup Car)
2015 Nissan Navara (Daily drive/Tow car)

Mick A

Quote from: ian bennett on July 15, 2015, 09:56:42 PM
i am very disappointed in the the decision to change it from 6 hrs to 10 hours
i  along with several others are  withdrawing  our  entry , the 6 hr format was a well documented success, why change it ?
also disappointed in the lack of consultation with former entrants and clubs , 
ian bennett 
toyota car club  vic

Hi Ian. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Allow me to share mine.
That is a very negative attitude you display. I would understand your comments if they were made post event, but to write it off before it's even happened and make the comments you've made just makes you and your fellow competitor friends look a bit silly and very narrow minded.

Just my opinion.

hmd

Quote from: Stephen Aarons on July 17, 2015, 07:33:26 AM
Also there will be less Toyotas to pass. Win win for all.

I am ordering a Camry just for this event. Try and pass me if you can.

Garibaldi

I am becoming a little concerned about the unhealthy obsession some of our members are developing for Toyota Camrys. Working in a Toyota dealership I spend all day with Camrys, that's why I have an Alfa for the weekends. Whilst the Camry is a very good quality car that drives well, is reliable and has great longevity they are certainly no Alfa Romeo. Please explain?  ???

Neil Choi

Supplementary Regulations and Entry form attached.
Invitation attached also.

Any individuals seeking to join a team can contact me, I may be able to help.

ian bennett

in reply to choderboy 
i was just expressing an opinion , thats what the forums are for   , unless i am mistaken
if you also note  i was showing disappointment with the lack of communication , rather than just springing it on us  when the sup regs were released
i did not mean  to sound negative  , and i certainly wish all competitors well and hope it is an outstanding success
ian bennett

Evan Bottcher

Well I for one am looking forward to the new format immensely. A real test of preparation and endurance, we'll find out who's got the best teamwork and smarts to excel in the new regulations!

It'll be another great October at the Alfa Club 10 Hour!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Mick A

Hi Ian,

Yes it's a forum share away mate that's what it's for.

The info was up on the AROCA website homepage before the supp regs went out.
Many AROCA members were aware.
It's an AROCA event last time I checked. So I'm pretty sure they don't have to ask permission from other clubs to alter their own event.

Anyway, enjoy whatever you are now doing that weekend. I'll be motor racing.