Another Barn Find resurrection!

Started by avi81n, June 19, 2015, 12:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avi81n

Quote from: 105gta on June 20, 2015, 07:53:49 AM
Interested to know where you got the floor panel sections from and how well did they fit.
They seem to be very well made.

The panels were from Alfaholics (90% certain but I will check when I get home and let you know if they were from another supplier). They were exactly like the originals - so much so that I suspect they may have the original press. Perfect fit.

105gta

Thanks, I've been keeping an eye out for good quality panels as some I've seen really are quite poor and it would've been easier to start with a flat sheet of tin rather than the work involved to make them fit.
Can't wait to see yours finished
Ben
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

Craig_m67

Most all the 105 reproduction replacement panels (with the exception of Wolf) are made by the same company in EU and distributed by Classic, AH, EB, Highwood, etc.

(Ordered by preference and experience)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

avi81n

Has anyone used soda blasting to clean up their engine? My engine is still completely assembled (minus carbs and extractors) and looks fairly scabby on the outside. Any experiences good, bad or indifferent welcome.

avi81n

Digging up an old thread here because the resto is certainly gaining some momentum these last few weeks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

massiveluvbuddy67

Well done, this is a lovely job!
I love the little 205GTI daily driver. I have fond memories of one in 1988.
Phil

avi81n

Quote from: massiveluvbuddy67 on August 18, 2017, 09:44:48 AM
Well done, this is a lovely job!
I love the little 205GTI daily driver. I have fond memories of one in 1988.
Phil

Thanks Phil.

The 205 is certainly a special car - I sold it last year after driving it for 16 years [emoji15]knowing full well that the day will come when I regret doing so. All is not lost though - my current daily is a 2005 Renault Clio Sport which is a worthy successor to the mighty Pug!

Sailor209

Was the previous owner one David Bakker?
I have lost touch with him and am aware that he was storing an Alfa on his farm with a view to restoration.
Regards
Rob
2010 100th Anniv GT 3.2
2005 Mazda MX5 Cosworth supercharged

avi81n

Quote from: Sailor209 on August 18, 2017, 03:11:48 PM

No - I purchased it from a work colleague - who also had it on a farm awaiting restoration!

Sailor209

Quote from: avi81n on August 19, 2017, 03:31:33 PM
Quote from: Sailor209 on August 18, 2017, 03:11:48 PM

No - I purchased it from a work colleague - who also had it on a farm awaiting restoration!

Ah good..
That means a nice 105 is probably still sitting in a shed waiting for the owner to realise he needs to sell it to me.:)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2010 100th Anniv GT 3.2
2005 Mazda MX5 Cosworth supercharged

LaStregaNera

Quote from: avi81n on August 18, 2017, 02:59:34 PMmy current daily is a 2005 Renault Clio Sport which is a worthy successor to the mighty Pug!
Dark blue one?
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

avi81n

French blue with white Clio Cup stripes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiwiboy105

looking good!  Look forward to seeing pics of the finished product.  Looks like you've spent some time at Avanti Spares:)
"You are not a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa" - J Clarkson

avi81n

It would seem to be as good a time as any for an update!

All mechanical components of engine and drivetrain are installed. Carbs are just waiting for fuel - electric pump going in at the moment.

The next fortnight should see the electrical installation finalised (with a few custom touches) and then we will be in a position to fire up the engine for the first time in over 7 years!

Today saw her cranked over for the first time.

bonno

Hi avi81n
   A very impressive ground up restoration of your 105 series Alfa Romeo.  The engine bay is very tidy, in particular how you have secured and enclosed the wiring and refurbished/renewed all components and wrinkle black tappet covers. The weber trumpets and extractors, suggests you have opted to increase on the performance of the Nord engine. Have you commenced the interior work and if so, what colour combination have you selected for the seats and whether you have opted for leather or vinyl? The reason why I ask, is that this process including refurbishment of the dash for my 1983 Alfetta GTV4 took me approximately 12 months.
Cheers
bonno
Frank