Another Barn Find resurrection!

Started by avi81n, June 19, 2015, 12:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avi81n

Hi  bonno,

Thanks for your kind words - not being terribly mechanically minded I have left most of that stuff to the experts but the electrics are my baby - I re-engineered and built the loom myself and also painted the tappet cover! Fingers crossed all my electrics work reliably and the mods I have made turn out to be sensible!

The engine is stock [emoji33] - for various reasons I have left it completely untouched (not even opened up) from before however absolutely everything else mechanical (and suspension) on the car has been rebuilt/overhauled/replaced including carbs. To sum it up - everything between the intake and exhaust ports is untouched and therefore performance should be basically original although it should sound very nice!

The seats have already been re-upholstered in one of the kits available from the UK and they look great (no photos at the moment). After much deliberation I have just ordered a carpet kit from Classic Alfa in the original style but in black (as are the seats). I was going to go down the road of a local trimmer making a one piece carpet but it just didn't stack up. As for the dash, it was in pretty good condition with just 2 cracks so I had it repaired (vinyl repair) rather than completely re-covered and it is ready to go in.

I will post some photos shortly when I get back to my computer.

Carl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

avi81n

Some random photos - note the wiring loom!

avi81n

Lots of photos in quick succession makes it feel like things have been progressing rapidly  ::)