top gear sprints in june

Started by camwright, June 08, 2008, 11:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

camwright

G'day my name is Cameron, i was out at QR for the SAS on the 24th may with my grey alfetta gtv. I'm very keen to get out to the top gear sprints but have a few questions. Will there be an all alfa group?  Also will the road registered cars be mixing with the race cars? Although it was fun to mix it with dodge vipers and evo's etc i would be keen to be out on the track with cars relatively the same speed. Looking forward to seeing how much difference R-spec tyres make over 6 year old road tyres. By the way if any of you guys need any help with car set up or mechanical work go to www.automotion.com.au. we would love to help out alfa club members.

hammer

Cameron,

There should be a healthy field of Alfas out at QR for the Top Gear sprints as a lot of guys want to get some time in the seat before the Italian Challenge the following weekend.

The road cars and race cars will definitely all be in together and if we have enough Alfas entered for the sprints we will have our own group. We are definitely making a request to QR to put us all in together - although there are no guarantees if we don't get a group of 15 or more. I know of six Alfas off the top of my head that will be running and we are encouraging as many entrants as possible to have a crack at the Top Gear sprints.

You may also be interested in the Italian Challenge Regularity that we are about to announce. I am about to load up the info onto the forum so check it out when it comes up. We have a field of 31 cars in the Italian Challenge race and now have the opportunity to put together a regularity field.

See you at the sprints. I'll be having my first sprint in a hot little Guilietta I picked up from Jim Nielsen in Victoria.

Cheers,

Brent

ANT_GTV6

Ive been itching to get back on the track since the SAS in May. I will hopefully be there.