Hi All

Started by EJ83Alfetta, June 17, 2015, 01:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJ83Alfetta

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. My dad and I recently bought a 1983 Alfetta Sedan. We are going to restore it, hopefully to its former glory. I am 13 and have a true passion for cars, especially Alfas. My passion for Alfas started when my mum, dad and I went to have a look at the new Giulietta in 2011. I couldn't believe how quick it felt for a 1.75L and I loved the look of it. My parents ordered one straight away. Ever since then I have been hooked on Alfas. The Alfetta will be mine to drive when I get my license and I cannot wait.

Thanks!

EJ
1983 Alfetta Migliorata Sedan

DHDamo

Welcome. My first car was an 83 giulietta (so essentially the same except body) - I wish I still had it. Congrats on the alfetta - a great little rare car. You'll have a lot of fun, learn a lot, have some headaches and then have some more fun. There's a bunch of knowledgeable people on here so keep us posted on your progress and if you have questions I'm sure someone can help.
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

DHDamo

And post some pics  :)
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

EJ83Alfetta

Here are some photos  :)

EJ83Alfetta

More photos

festy

Very nice!
My first car was a '79 Alfetta, my dad liked it so much he bought himself one in the same colour as yours ;)
That interior pic brought back so many memories, I miss my little Alfetta :'(

What's with the boot lid? Looks like there might have been a big spoiler bolted on at some point?
And a few extra screws in between the tail lights, any idea what they were holding on?

Divano Veloce

That looks like a beautiful car EJ, congrats!
1968 Berlina TS
1989 75 TS
1990 75 TS
2007 147 JTD

Mat Francis

Welcome EJ!
I started out about 10 years ago exactly the same- with a white 83 alfetta sedan. I've had an awful lot of alfas since but I won't ever get rid of it that first one, even though I'd be lucky to drive it 10 times a year these days. I hope yours is just as good to you, and you enjoy tinkering and plenty of learning along the way.
Cheers
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

EJ83Alfetta

Thank you everyone for all the kind replies!

Festy, I think the bootlid was for the 'Migliorata' model but not 100% sure, and as for the screws between the tail lights I think they were for a plastic number plate holder or tail light surround.

poohbah

EJ, all I can say is you are a very lucky fella to have such a magnanimous padre. Good luck with the Alfetta. She already looks pretty tidy.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

matty-o

Congrats there EJ, looks like a vary tidy example. My first Alfa was an '84 Alfetta sedan, which I bought about a year and a half ago. Love the damn thing.
2012 Giulietta QV manual - for sale

EJ83Alfetta

Quote from: festy on June 18, 2015, 04:50:24 PM
Very nice!
My first car was a '79 Alfetta, my dad liked it so much he bought himself one in the same colour as yours ;)
That interior pic brought back so many memories, I miss my little Alfetta :'(

What's with the boot lid? Looks like there might have been a big spoiler bolted on at some point?
And a few extra screws in between the tail lights, any idea what they were holding on?

My dad recently spoke with the previous owner and he said that it had a small lip spoiler on it before but he removed it. I am going to replace the boot lid sometime down the track as I have a spare one but need to swap the locking mechanism etc.

MD

Hi EJ
At the time of replying here your topic has had 464 reads ! That's got to be telling you something positive.
I hope your dad takes the Alfetta for a regular run to keep it healthy while you are hurrying to get older.

Welcome to the Forum.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

EJ83Alfetta

Quote from: MD on July 24, 2015, 01:19:03 PM
Hi EJ
At the time of replying here your topic has had 464 reads ! That's got to be telling you something positive.
I hope your dad takes the Alfetta for a regular run to keep it healthy while you are hurrying to get older.

Welcome to the Forum.

We try and take it out every weekend :D

MarcusG

Hi there
Just saw this post now. Yes it is a Migliorata (means better.) Wow its in really great condition. What a great car, very lucky. The dash even looks good! I have the same model which Ive owned for almost 20 years. I love it. They are a bit rare now I think as other 83 models included the sportiva II which I think there are still a few around as well as the 84 GCL. The Interior is a differnt fabric from mine but dash is the later style wood grain same as mine. If you ever consider getting rid of it let me know haha. If you need to ask any questions about them to help restore it just ask. I have put full 75 TS running gear into mine, it makes the car a perfect daily driver. Now its on club plates so not driven too much.
Marcus
1983 Alfetta Migliorata - 75 TS running gear
1986 90 Super - 3litre V6
1981 GTV - Sports Sedan Race Car
1964 Guila Ti Super Replica Race car - Building it
1975 Alfetta sedan series I - Restoring it
Alfa Sud Sprint x 2
1997 155 wide body TS - looking after it for my Sis