New Alfa Owner: 2011 QV hints/ blue and me etc

Started by Marckietan, April 19, 2015, 02:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marckietan

Hi everyone,  Just wanted to introduce myself as I have just joined the Alfa Boards.

After years of covetting a Golf GTI, I have bought a Alfa QV 2011.  Please don't hold that against me  (the covetting Golf thingy) but they are really common as bat shit now and I really like the shape and looks of the QV.  Bought it from a dealer yesterday subject to an inspection by Max Oddi (who is the nicest guy to chat to!)

Otherwise I am hoping to get it this week, I was hoping to get some help with some questions:

1. what do people do about audio streaming from the mobile?  other than a USB connection, is it possible to buy a blue&me usb dongle for an android connection?

2. how often do you service your QV and how much does a service cost?  I think Alfa says every 12 months (it will be my weekender so I will probably do more kms on my roadie than the QV!)

3.  how much use are you seeing with brakes and pads (roughly) 30k kms before swapping pads?

4.  what tyres do you recommend for the QV?  I think they are currently shod with Pirellis but I hear good things about the Sport Max.

5.  Any other things to look out for as part of the inspection?  Electrial gremlins to test for (AC/ electrical windows all going well)

Thanks in advance for your help

cheers

Marc

alfamisa

Quote from: Marckietan on April 19, 2015, 02:33:08 PM
Hi everyone,  Just wanted to introduce myself as I have just joined the Alfa Boards.

After years of covetting a Golf GTI, I have bought a Alfa QV 2011.  Please don't hold that against me  (the covetting Golf thingy) but they are really common as bat shit now and I really like the shape and looks of the QV. 

Hi Marc, sorry for the late reply. Firstly welcome and let me say nice choice.

Also personally I won't hold it against you (Golf thingy) unless you are related to or in relationship with that twit in the ad that is waffling on about her car at the drive through... sad.

Regarding your questions, I can only suggest you stick to the scheduled servicing in the owners manual (when you get the Alfa) and with the kms you are doing 12mths is right on.

And on tyres, everyone will have their own preference, sometimes through experience but mostly "someone said" or worse on a "forum". The vehicle is spec'd with Pirelli and Dunlop Sport Maxx TT (possibly another) as original equipment and they are a perfect compromise given all the conditions these Alfas may find themselves in. But they do grip well. Here the Dunlop Sport Maxx in detail;
http://www.dunloptyres.com.au/tyres/sport-maxx-rt/
&
http://www.dunloptyres.com.au/dotCMS/TyreDetailAction?website=DUN&websegmentcode=PASSENGER&websegmentcode2=&mtpcode=00780&from=nPerPage

No electrical gremlins I'm aware of and forget old tales of Alfas from the past, these days they work extremely well.

As there are more units sold overseas than here the experience/knowledge base is greater on a UK forum AlfaOwners. But as I said despite this being also a good forum, it is still a forum and anyone can post incorrect/misguided info. But it would be valuable help with your streaming question, just register and use the search function.

Ciao and enjoy your ownership.
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

Marckietan

Thanks Misa.  Very helpful.  Look forward to taking delivery soon although the rain in Sydney has definitely not helped.

cheers

M