159 JTI 2.4 Diesel Shuddering

Started by Steer1, April 20, 2015, 03:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steer1

Hi Everyone

My wife's pride and joy has developed a bad shudder generally either accelerating or de accelerating around 100 kph I have had it checked and was told I needed a new turbo inlet pipe as the other loose etc. Did this and still the same shuddering/vibration occurs. I have also had the entire exhaust system tested along with cleaning EGR valve and a burn off of the DPF
I am now starting to think injectors but the car has only done 37000 kms.
Has anyone else had any similar experiences and if so would be keen to know how it was rectified  cheers. Colin

sidmann

if you feel a vibration, some might describe it as a wobble (can feel it at your knees) when you accelerate, i would suggest you look at the drive shaft. common problem it is the inner CV joint cup and spider/tripod.

mine was intermittent and usually more noticeable above 60kmph and especially when accelerating or going up hill requiring more torque. I pulled apart the right hand inner cv joints and the grease was almost dried up. closer inspection showed one of the needle bearings  on the tripod was starting to sieze and no damage was done to the cups yet. The left hand drive shaft side was fine but i replaced both spider/tripods with parts ordered from UK. If you go through alfa dealer you are looking at over $2600 for the 2 inner cv joints and spider/tripod.

Steer1

Great thanks for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. I will follow through with your suggestions. Ta

Mick A

Quote from: Steer1 on April 20, 2015, 03:48:38 PM
Hi Everyone

My wife's pride and joy has developed a bad shudder generally either accelerating or de accelerating around 100 kph I have had it checked and was told I needed a new turbo inlet pipe as the other loose etc. Did this and still the same shuddering/vibration occurs. I have also had the entire exhaust system tested along with cleaning EGR valve and a burn off of the DPF
I am now starting to think injectors but the car has only done 37000 kms.
Has anyone else had any similar experiences and if so would be keen to know how it was rectified  cheers. Colin

Hi, did you ever find a resolution to this problem?

How many km's has the car done also? I'm thinking it could possibly be a problem related to the inlet manifold.
Has there been a significant loss of power say 10-20% and also any rough idling?

Cheers.

Mick

Mick A

Did you fix the car?

Why reach out to a forum, take the info, then not give something back by reporting on the resolution?

As the day goes

She/He aint active.  Send an PM instead and it will go to their email inbox