Giulietta QV TCT Purchase...?

Started by Spry, March 30, 2015, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spry

Hi All!

Brand new member here. I'm on the cusp of honouring my heritage (thanks dad!) and my fathers old love affair with his Alfa Sud and buying my first Alfa. I'm looking to swap from my current VW Scirocco R to a Alfa QV TCT. The style, practicality and liveability of the Alfa are the huge driving points.

After two test drives, I have slowly become enamoured with the car. I'm curious to hear from other owners of the car; what are some things (if any?) I should be aware of? What do you wish you'd checked our thought about prior to purchase, and is there any general advice I should be aware of as a first time Alfa owner?

Cheers for the thoughts and feedback. Looking forward to living up to my nose!

Joe Garra

Had our Giulietta for over 3 years and apart from a dead battery , nothing else. My wife says it's the first car she's had in over 25 years that she loves. Back seat is fine for my girls aged 10 and 12, could be a little cramped for 2 big adults. Also not much internal storage space (but IMHO that's what the boot is for :-) )
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

alfamisa

Quote from: Spry on March 30, 2015, 12:51:16 PM
...and is there any general advice I should be aware of as a first time Alfa owner?

To quote an Irish road tester "they say Alfa's are temperamental like a beautiful woman..no they're not, I get in, turn the key and she goes."

Beautiful they still are, but they've come a long way since the bad old days. You just enjoy the Giulietta and walk, nay drive with your nose in the air as you leave other cars and Alfas behind.

In bocca lupo :)
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

DAMO1A

I have had mine for a month am very happy with it so far.  No problems to report.  The QV TCT is a beautiful car and I have enjoyed every moment of driving it.  It is definitely worth the premium on the standard QV for the high backed seats and engine sound enhancer.  My previous Giulietta was a 1.4l Multiair which was a lovely car however the QV TCT is a far more engaging experience.  The Series 1 is a more refined version of what what already a very nice car.  I would recommend the car.
2015 Giulietta QV TCT
1990 Alfa Spider Series 4

Neil Choi

Hey you lucky G QV owners, can you tell me the real life fuel usage. 

Also from the Distinctive 1.4 multiair owners too, please.

Paul Gulliver

QuoteHey you lucky G QV owners, can you tell me the real life fuel usage.

Neil ,

I've had my QV for 9 months a have never got around to resetting the trip "A" function on the on-board computer. So over the last 9 months the average consumption is 9.2 litres per 100 kilometres. Not good but it does include the short 12 K drive to and from work every day . At which stage everything is up to temperature and the figure improves. This figure is not vastly different from my previous car a 159 2.2 JTS.

What really makes things look bad is the pissy little fuel tank it has , (only 60 Litres).  Tank of fuel is only good for 600klms with day to day city driving

Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Franky

You will love it mate. Had my QV for about a year now and honestly no real unexpected dramas. Love your car and it will love you back.

One down side I will note is the poor quality of the factory fitted head unit. No easily accessible USB/aux input for the driver to control an iPod/MP3. I have resorted to burning CDs (yes burning cds in 2015!) just to have access to quality music. I have an older model however (2011) so I'm not too sure how the newer models fair. And the beautiful design of the interior dash means you can't simply remove the factory unit and replace with an aftermarket unit without doing some serious damage to the fascia plate.

But all in all it is about driving the car, which is an absolute blast. I hope you cross from the German side to the Italian and see what your dad fell in love with all those years ago
2011 Giulietta QV (Daily)

2000 156 TS (Past)

alfamisa

Quote from: Franky on April 12, 2015, 09:13:16 PM

...One down side I will note is the poor quality of the factory fitted head unit. No easily accessible USB/aux input for the driver to control an iPod/MP3. I have resorted to burning CDs (yes burning cds in 2015!) just to have access to quality music. I have an older model however (2011) so I'm not too sure how the newer models fair.

No need to burn CDs get a flash drive and use the USB slot inside the glove box on upper face. If you have integrated B&M TomTom GPS the functions are available on the screen.

On the new Series 1/2015 models the USB/SD/Aux slots are located on centre console infront of the gear selector.
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

Franky

Quote from: misa on April 13, 2015, 09:38:33 AM
Quote from: Franky on April 12, 2015, 09:13:16 PM

...One down side I will note is the poor quality of the factory fitted head unit. No easily accessible USB/aux input for the driver to control an iPod/MP3. I have resorted to burning CDs (yes burning cds in 2015!) just to have access to quality music. I have an older model however (2011) so I'm not too sure how the newer models fair.

No need to burn CDs get a flash drive and use the USB slot inside the glove box on upper face. If you have integrated B&M TomTom GPS the functions are available on the screen.
On the new Series 1/2015 models the USB/SD/Aux slots are located on centre console infront of the gear selector.

I have tried many usbs and media players into said USB port and just find it rather erratic and unpredictable when trying to connect/control it with the head unit. I've practically given up. I just listen to the car now and occasionally the radio
2011 Giulietta QV (Daily)

2000 156 TS (Past)