AROCA Phillip Island Sprints SATURDAY 5 JULY 08

Started by Neil Choi, May 29, 2008, 10:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Musco

Excellent job Aroca, Another well organised event. I had so many laps, by the end of the day I was dizzy, and used more than a tank of juice.

My condolences to Stewart and Brad. Stewart, its "Shake and Bake", not "shake and crash"!!
You need to go out with the cougar more often!. Although on a serious note I was very dissapointed to see the carnage, more so the poor sprint damaged. Hope to see it back next meeting. There arent many of us to fly the sprint flag.

Also, any photos taken of green alfa sprints are excellent photos, well done Mary.

Shake and Bake

Neil Choi

A quick note to all.

Fantastic day for all at PI, I think I have paid enough to the weather god this time around.  Unfortunate for those in red cars, but I am sure they will be back with shiny new paint.  I have just called my painter to paint my car white.

I have to point out and express thanks to the following people who made the day happen and ran it like clockwork.

Starting from the ground up:
Thanks to:
Bruno Colautti, his tow truck business is getting more and more successful, not that he wanted that way.  He also doubled as chief scrutineer.

Simon and Colin Ruck from MX5 club, Kathy Sinclair, all the rostered helpers from the drivers pool, all the Alfa members who helped (sorry, I can't recall all of them as I was still running around doing all sorts of jobs and helping recovery), for all their help to man Start/Finish and dummy grid to keep all those dummies under control.

I must stress to all drivers from all clubs that as a participant, it would be greatly appreciated if you could lend a hand at some stage during the day during the event or at an upcoming event as we are alway short of hands especially in the morning, Start/Finish and dummy grid.  Please come and ask on the day, your assistance will never be turn away, but if we do, you are lucky.

Big thanks to Kate Campbell-Gordon for doing most of the administration jobs (in fact all of them) in the office and check-in and PA and speaking with drivers and being the CoC's messenger of bad news and assistance to CoC and me and everything else and ..............I can keep going.

Brad Marshal for manning check-in, photocopying boy, helping Bruno to set up track.

All the scrutineers who worked out in the shed away from everything else.

Jenni Cross and Paul Cansdale in timing.

Erik Reuben for being the CAMS steward

Big thanks to Alister Grigg and Greg Savage for CoC and running the day so smoothly, calmly, decisively, efficiently and most of all in a fun and AROCA way.  There must be a way to get Alister to keep going after all the fun he has had and Greg to change teams and join AROCA, I am sure a GTV is more appealing than one of those MX5

There are whole heap of others who I have forgotten and I apologize, feel free to abuse but also to post if you know of anyone.

Last but not least the Geelong Flag Marshals without whom, we would not have gotten so many runs.

I will post results out as soon as I receive them from Ian and collate.

See you all at Winton on 10 Aug, supp regs and ef are available, see that thread or email me.

Best regards
Neil

Victor Lee

Also thanks to the the flaggie at Southern Loop!

The flaggie's prompt yellow flag when Allan, Marcus and I got there at speed very likely saved the lives of two geese/ducks/swans (whatever those long necked white things are!) when they decided to cross from the inner part of the track to the outer!   Not to mention potential messy damage to the cars!

I've never seen a yellow flag put out for wildlife before! 

Well done!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Stuart Thomson

For the vultures...

Stuart Thomson

And more...

Brad M

Regardless of the damage, it's a great day when we can all walk away (I know it's pretty easy for my to say ... I drove home with a PB)

I'm looking forward to seeing the all the sore cars better again.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Fast Eddie

Quote from: Brad Marshall on July 08, 2008, 12:21:23 AM
Regardless of the damage, it's a great day when we can all walk away (I know it's pretty easy for my to say ... I drove home with a PB)

I'm looking forward to seeing the all the sore cars better again.

So i hear Brad, Well done and some ice for the bruising
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

NSharpley

Hey Stuart ... not the 105!!!!

Were you able to drive that home or was it a trailer job?
Current Alfa:
1975 Alfetta GT 2.0 Race car
1979 Alfetta GTV (Resto)
1972 105 2000 GTV (Resto)
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Past Alfas:
1982 Alfetta Sportiva (briefly in my possession. Restored and sold)
1989 Alfa 75 2.5
1982 Alfetta Sedan 2.0
1976 Alfetta GT

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Evan Bottcher

Aaaaah, Ricky Bobby! Now we shall dance. And yes, it will be a slow jam.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Stuart Thomson

Quote from: Phil Baskett on July 08, 2008, 08:53:44 AM
Oh dear  :o

Stuart, what happened ???

Ambition exceeded ability...

Put a wheel in the dirt coming onto the main straight.  Spun to the inside into the wall.

Stuart Thomson

Quote from: NSharpley on July 08, 2008, 11:01:17 AM
Hey Stuart ... not the 105!!!!

Were you able to drive that home or was it a trailer job?

RACV total care comes to the rescue (again).

Stuart Thomson

Quote from: Scott Farquharson on July 08, 2008, 05:22:46 PM
Hey Stuey, did you spill your machiato?

There's a brown stain on the race suit now, must have been the Macchiato  ::)

Stuart Thomson

Did anyone get a picture of me in the suit BTW?

It won't be out again for a while.