Sunday Run to Noojee 31st May 2015

Started by Alfa156Melb1, April 02, 2015, 02:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfa156Melb1

On Sunday the 31st May we are organizing another Sunday Run to Noojee.  We'll be meeting at Nunawading Alfa Romeo where coffee will be served to get is in the mood for a lovely 3 hour run to Gippsland.

We'll stop for a coffee break at Yarra Junction and continue on to Noojee for lunch - venue TBA.

Details:

Time:   8.30 am for 9.00 am departure.

Where: Nunawading Fiat Alfa Romeo
430 Whitehorse Road Nunawading
(Opposite the City of Whitehorse Council Chambers)

Melways Map Ref: 48 H9

Note that some details are to be confirmed but we expect a mid morning stop for refreshments Yarra Junction. All up this should be a 3 hour drive finishing at a restaurant for lunch with our own function room booked for the club.

Note: Please do not be late and get there early if you can.

If running late we will meet you for morning tea at 10.30 am, so give us a call if necessary.

Lunch Bookings essential for catering purposes. RSVP 29th May

932 Series Register
147, 156, 166, GTV, Spider and GT
David Hewison
Mb: 0425 432 037

To try to keep the group tight and minimize the chance of people getting lost, I would like to trial using hand held UHF radios - at least for the lead and tail drivers. I have 3 units, if anyone else happens to have one, please bring yours along.

This should increase safety and ensure that none of us lose our way!

Evan Bottcher

But David,

I thought the point was to get people as lost as possible? Or is that just me?  :P

The run sounds great, will try to make it.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Alfa156Melb1

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on April 02, 2015, 07:36:02 PM
But David,

I thought the point was to get people as lost as possible? Or is that just me?  :P

The run sounds great, will try to make it.

It's true - it does ad to the days 'colour'  ::)

Great, you're on the list :)

Bruce Fowler

Getting lost will do one of two things or may by both

1 Enhances your day where you find and see things that others on the run don't

2 Creates an outbreak of cab fever that is quickly cured with a great lunch and lots of friendly chat

Ether way its always a great day
Current
2018 Giulia Super Veloce Pack

Previous
2009 JTS 2.2 159
2002 156 Selespeed Sports

Victor Lee

Hi David,

Any updates on this run?  Can you advise where's the lunch venue?

Thanks!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Alfa156Melb1

Yes Vic - update below  8)

On Sunday the 31st May we are organizing another Sunday Run to Noojee.  We'll be meeting at Nunawading Alfa Romeo where coffee will be served to get is in the mood for a lovely 3 hour run to Gippsland.

We'll stop for a coffee break at Yarra Junction and continue on to Noojee for lunch.

Details:

Time:   8.30 am for 9.00 am departure.

Where: Nunawading Fiat Alfa Romeo
430 Whitehorse Road Nunawading
(Opposite the City of Whitehorse Council Chambers)

Melways Map Ref: 48 H9

Our morning tea stop will be at Gladysdale Bakehouse, 2568 Warburton Hwy, Yarra Junction. After a nice coffee and a sticky bun, we'll drive onto Piedmont Wines who have kindly offered to put on a cheese platter for us and of course there's the wine tasting  :D

If running late we will meet you for morning tea at 10.30 am, so give us a call if necessary.

Then we'll continue to our lunch venue, Noojee Hotel, 411 Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road, Noojee. www.noojeehotel.com.au

Lunch Bookings essential for catering purposes. RSVP 29th May.

932 Series Register
147, 156, 166, GTV, Spider and GT
David Hewison
Mb: 0425 432 037

To try to keep the group tight and minimize the chance of people getting lost, I would like to trial using hand held UHF radios - at least for the lead and tail drivers. I have 3 units, if anyone else happens to have one, please bring yours along.

This should increase safety and ensure that none of us lose our way!

I'll hand out route notes on the day.

Alfa156Melb1

Extended forecast for 31 May is Mostly Sunny and dry!  8)

Alfa156Melb1

Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity to visit the internationally renowned Noojee!

It's not every day a drive like this comes up - secure your spot now before it's too late!  ;D 8)

Alfa156Melb1

We're coming up to Sunday pretty quickly!!!

Just a reminder to those that are coming along, we will be leaving Nunwadding Alfa at 9am sharp.

If you miss the start, just meet us at Gladysdale Bakery - 2568 Warburton Hwy, Yarra Junction. We should be there by about 10.30am. :)

See you all Sunday!

Dave.

Alfa156Melb1

If anyone happens to own a UHF Handheld radio (CD Radio) please bring it along :)

Alfa156Melb1

I just had a call from the owner of Garage Gallery who has an art gallery for car lovers in Neerim South. He's invited all those that are coming along on Sunday to visit his gallery after lunch if anyone's interested.

Looks like he has some really good stuff in there - check out his website: http://www.garagegallery.com.au/

Click on the link for details:
http://bit.ly/1HBt1ET

Victor Lee

Hi David,

Thanks for organising the Run today.  The last stretch of road before Piedmont Winery was particularly good!  :D

I enjoyed the pit stops where it was good chance to have a chin wag with other Alfisti.  And yes, lunch in the "internationally " renowned Noojee was nice also.   Put simply, a great Sunday day out with food and friends.  What else can you ask for?

Cheers.
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Alfa156Melb1

Quote from: Victor Lee on May 31, 2015, 10:41:48 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for organising the Run today.  The last stretch of road before Piedmont Winery was particularly good!  :D

I enjoyed the pit stops where it was good chance to have a chin wag with other Alfisti.  And yes, lunch in the "internationally " renowned Noojee was nice also.   Put simply, a great Sunday day out with food and friends.  What else can you ask for?

Cheers.

Thanks Vic  8)

It was an an awesome sight seeing your 4C and two others on one drive - not something I expected to see for some time! But if we're honest, little came close to the poise and shear presence of my 16 year old unwashed Pajero with it's new high performance (Repco el-cheapo) dampers!  It's not often you see such magnificence on an Alfa drive  :P  :D  Ah yes, the grip through those sweepers.. the body roll; the aggressive slowness. It was a sight to behold.  :-*

I took a few photo's although I haven't checked them yet - if any turn out reasonably well, I'll post a link here. :)

Alfa156Melb1

An absolutely sensational day yesterday with 30 cars and about 50 people coming along.

It was great to see so many 4C's in one place and having them parked at Peidmonts was the perfect backdrop to such a breathtaking car  8)

I'm uploading the photo's to an album as we speak - it will take a while so here's some previews in the meantime :)