Boot light

Started by Kulwinder, March 29, 2015, 01:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kulwinder

Where is boot light switch located in 156 JTS?
I have changed glob. Didn't work. Checked there was positive on one pole. But no negative. If I used a wire to connect ground and negative terminal of light box. Light on.
But can't find any switch around to turn it on.

Kulwinder Singh

Craig_m67

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Kulwinder

Can't open that link Craig. Link expired.

Kulwinder Singh

Craig_m67

Works for me .. It's a copy of the 156 user manual.
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

colcol

It may work through the computer, say after 10 minutes of removing key from ignition the boot light won't work, its to stop the battery being drained for hours on end in case you leave the boot lid open.
The glove box light is similar, won't work unless the ignition is on, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

Had a look at the boot, the boot light works when the boot is open, and the light stays on for about 20 minutes, the key in the ignition switch doesn't seem to affect it, when the boot light switches off, shut and open the boot and the light comes on.
Don't know where the boot switch is, may be a mercury switch in the bootlid, to trigger the computer to keep the boot light on for 20 minutes, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Kulwinder

I tried every thing. Opened boot again and again while car start or lights on or locked etc. Needs ground from switch. But don't know where is the switch.

Kulwinder Singh

Kulwinder

Thanks Craig. I have downloaded this user manual. But nothing written about switch. Still can't find boot light switch. It's definitely switch, because +12v is there but no ground signal which usually comes through switch.
156 JTS 2004.

Kulwinder Singh