Hello fellow Alfa fans!

Started by AlfaMel, March 09, 2015, 09:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlfaMel

Have just upgraded my 13 year old 147 2.0 twin spark to a 1.4 Turbo Multiair Giulietta manual which I will be picking up this week provided my mechanic gives her the all clear. She's Alfa red and stunning!  I will miss my 147 though it's been an excellent little car, never missed a beat.

Just joined the forums and have been reading up on all things Giulietta before I pick mine up.

Lots of great info here!

colcol

Welcome AlfaMel to the Forum, he Giulietta is proving a popular model for Alfa Romeo, and the Multiair engine was the world engine of the year on its release.
Join your local Division of the Alfa Club and get involved in Sunday Drives, Competition and Technical Nights.
It is interesting that you say your 147 never missed a beat, obviously it was serviced properly and on time, you talk to some people and car 'experts' and you would think Alfa Romeo's are broken down all the time.
When you get your Giulietta, post some pictures, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

AlfaMel

Yep, serviced like clockwork. Have almost been tempted to just keep the 147 but stumbled across a good deal on the G. It's amazing to me that people who've never owned an Alfa are the ones giving bad reviews or questioning reliability. My very first car was a Hyundai which had more issues at 1 year old than every other car I've ever owned put together. Then there was the brand new Peugeot 206 which broke down on the freeway on day 1.

Thanks for the suggestions re the Alfa club I shall look into it.

colcol

On Friday March 20th, at Zagame's in Richmond we will be having a showroom and workshop visit, for current model cars, Giulietta, MiTo and 4C, see Club Calender, on front banner, all welcome, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]