147 clutch

Started by suzuiq, February 19, 2015, 06:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzuiq

hi all
I have had my alfa for one week now. I love it but..... the clutch travel the car has done almost 150.000km and when I change gear I have to push the pedal all the way to the carpet and then the clutch will engage after a couple of mm of travel any ideas? should I get the clutch fluid changed of is it something more serous
it doesn't matter how big your check book is, talent is the limiting factor.

colcol

Hello suzuiq, try posting in the correct series, this is for MiTo 159 and new Giulietta's.
Have the clutch bled and see if it comes good, it could have air in it.
If that doesn't fix it, start saving up for a new clutch, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Garibaldi

Quote from: suzuiq on February 19, 2015, 06:45:20 PM
hi all
I have had my alfa for one week now. I love it but..... the clutch travel the car has done almost 150.000km and when I change gear I have to push the pedal all the way to the carpet and then the clutch will engage after a couple of mm of travel any ideas? should I get the clutch fluid changed of is it something more serous

My 147 has done 168,000 klms and has already had one new clutch. If yours hasn't been replaced then I would suggest that now is probably the time to do it. But then again it may just be the adjustment. I would get it checked out. ???

colcol

The 147 has a hydraulic clutch, so the fluid takes up for wear, so if its only working when the pedal is close to the floor and it getting a bit heavy, then its most likely time for a new clutch, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

suzuiq

Quote from: colcol on February 19, 2015, 08:46:16 PM
The 147 has a hydraulic clutch, so the fluid takes up for wear, so if its only working when the pedal is close to the floor and it getting a bit heavy, then its most likely time for a new clutch, Colin.

>:(

suzuiq

Quote from: colcol on February 19, 2015, 08:46:16 PM

dam >:(