Saturday afternoon sprints QR 24th May

Started by spieret, May 18, 2008, 06:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spieret

I am going for it and coming for SAS this month. Do I need to do up my own numbers or will they be provided on the day and whats the best way to stick them on. Plus who else is going. I must say I am excited.

Tony
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

hammer

Tony,

You'll have a great time mate. Unfortunately I won't be there to join you as I will be in Townsville with work.

QR will provide you with a number. When you fax in your entry form you can request a number and they will try to accommodate you. Whether they give you the number you want or another number, they will definitely give you a laminated A3 that you should stick on with masking tape. I have used race tape but masking tape leaves less residue. They like it taped onto either the passenger's door or rear passenger window. Also make sure that you request a timing strip, which you have to stick onto your windscreen, behind your rear vision mirror. You then leave that on for subsequent race days.

I think Paul Ross is having a run this weekend. he is a good experienced campaigner to hang out with.

Not sure who will be keeping track of times for KP, but make sure that you keep your time sheet from each run so you can pass the info on to Ken. The time sheets are available about 15 minutes after each run from the race office in the tower.

Have a blast mate,

Brent

ANT_GTV6

Hi Tony,

Ill be there. First time racer aswell. Im looking forward to it. Getting all the last minute things sorted.

Seeyou there,

Anthony

hammer

So how did the sprints go boys? Give us an update. I was stuck in Townsville lamenting the fact that Alfas were humming their glorious tune some 1400km to the south - without me.

Mezevenf

Wasn't bad (speaking for myself here), wwaaaayyy to much traffic, I managed probably 1 flying lap without slowing down for someone.

I think all the Alfa boys had fun and did pretty well! Murphy was out there again in his Turbo V6 75! :D The turbo from that thing sounds great! Also met Tony there, I didn't catch him before I left to see how his day went.

Tony, tell us how you liked it!

ANT_GTV6

Great, loved it. Didn't get to meet you Bernard or Tony maybe next time. Robert Kilsby introduced himself and gave me a tip. I improved all day which i liked  ;D. Also Road tires dont work well on a track as i found out, they were screaming like crazy on every corner. Im hooked now lol. Does Morgan Park have Saturday Afternoon Sprints?

spieret

I had a great day being my first time and all, you were right about all the traffic, i would say there was over 70 cars maybe over 80.

I think I did pretty good posting a 72.4 lap in my third session and a 73 in my second session. We won't discuss the first round with my car deciding that it didn't want to brake anymore on the third lap at turn 1 and i ended up in the kitty litter. Yes I know I pushed it too hard down the straight on that lap and braked 1 sec too late. Just goes to show how seconds count in racing.

My car went well, I just need to improve on the cornering. Got off the track and she was running as per normal on the road. Didn't even phase her. Gotta love an Alfa.
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

ANT_GTV6

I thought that was your car at the end of the straight. Tony i never saw your car when i raced you must have been at the front of the field.

Mezevenf

Pics I've scabbed off the net from the Saturday! (Alfa related)

Credit goes to the boys at www.boostcruising.com for the pics. You could go request some from the guys they might have more pictures.