Sydney,,tonight,,Friday night.

Started by giulia_veloce, February 06, 2015, 07:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giulia_veloce

Come out to Harrys café de wheels Liverpool

Variety of food to eat= harrys,maccas,pizza,crispy cream doughnuts etc.
Organised by the Classic Rally Club and lots of other clubs and desireable cars.
Another opportunity to drive your club plated cars or your special toy. .
Many other clubs attend
From 7pm till you want to go home
Come for a cruise,a feed and a perve.
Lots of parking where you can see your cars at all times.

Just club registered my 2 litre Berlina,,,and yes,,with the standard 4.3 LSD,,so im takeing that.
Might see some of you out there

giulia_veloce

As usual,,another great night out with fellow car enthusiasts.
Lots of other clubs there and great cars to perve on.

Berlina went well,,such a great cruiser.

Time to fix the sticking brakes,the loose door mirror,the rattle in the front suspension + replace the rear shocks.
Then tomorrow,,drive it to Marulan and back for the state Hillclimb Championship meeting.
No,,not entering the Berlina,,just being a Scrutineer for the day.

First Friday next month= Bulli
The GSGT 2 litre is feeling neglected,so will take that one.

A great way to enjoy club plated cars.

giulia_veloce

Berlinas first drive in a long time

DavidG

Really nice looking Berlina! Hope to see it around Sydney, moreover now that i finally got registered here!

All the best with the small repairs!

David

giulia_veloce

Hi David

It gets driven lots.
Its on Club Plates so not every day.

Today it gets driven to Eastern Creek SMP for the Veloce FOSC meeting,then home
Tomorrow,back again to Eastern Creek for the NSW State Supersprint Championship.
Not entered in the events,,just transport.
Being a member of 4 clubs,,there is lots of opportunities to drive Club plate cars.
Was going to take the Berlina last night to AROCAs club night at Liverpool to see the 4C,,but had to drive a mates (he is 80 years old) and his immaculate Alfetta GT.

So,,the Berlina could have been driven 3 days in a row,,but 2 is good enough.

Spoke to a fellow club member who wants to drive the Berlina to Auto Italia in Canberra at the end of the month.
My other Alfas are getting neglected as far as use is concerned,but im having fun in the Berlina.

Robert

hammer

Hey Robert, can you post some more pics of your Berlina for us to ogle?  Are you bringing the 75 up to Morgan Park this year? Cheers, Brent

giulia_veloce

Ogle Brent ?

Didn't know there was a following of Berlinas.
Maybe you had one in the past and remember how good they are.
Its not a great example,,but drives fantastic,
Will take some pics and post them soon.

Brent,,did you know Bill Magg has a 2000 Berlina Auto ?

Morgan Park is on the cards for you to beat me on your territory.
The 75 has a new engine now,,but don't believe the rumours of the 3.6 litre twin spark,,.Alfio adds another 100 ccs to the rumours every week.
First of the Veloce Raceing Championship series started today at Eastern Creek.

hammer

I love all the 105s - sedans and coupes. I did know Bill has an auto. There's an older chap up here called Maurie who has a beige auto Berlina in perfect condition that he purchased from the original owner in Sydney some years ago. It's a ripper. I have an original condition 1984 Giulietta for club runs and early morning drives in the hills of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Not quite a classic but 80s cars finally coming into their own.

I'm looking forward to having a dice with the VRA crew at MP this year. My little sprint will only give the tail-enders a hurry up but it's sure to be a great weekend.

Cheers,

Brent

MD

In the 105 stakes, the coupes get all the razzamatazz kudos. The Giulia Supers get the accolades for their eccentric sculptured bodies.
The Berlina gets to stay home, take the kids to school, do the shopping, taxi runs to the gym and to pizza collection on Friday night. The Cinderella of 105 is a very much misaligned girl. A lackluster nose view, barely an interesting hind quarter and don't mention the side view. It's not worth opening an eye lid for.
So what's the catch? Does Cinderalla have any saving graces, some hint of a 105 heritage?
Darn right it does. If we are talking of 105 cars off the showroom floor factory original and compared the handling characteristics of the basic three, the Cinderella wins hands down.Less tail happy and just as agile.More room and better ergonomics are the paybacks.
The Berlina is/was a completely dependable vehicle. No better or worse in the reliability stakes compared to any other 105.

...always been a champion of the underdog.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

ALFETTA GTV

I can't believe I have missed seeing this Berlina, Robbie. You coming out to the creek on Thursday? You could bring it there.