Front parking sensors on a MITO

Started by philln01, December 22, 2014, 10:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philln01

Hi, Has anyone fitted front park sensors to the front of their car. My daughter will be learning to drive soon and i'm not wanting her to scratch the front bumper. I don't want to drill the bumper, i'm thinking of attaching them to the cheese grater grill area.
I've bought the kit off Ebay and its straightforward to wire. My main question is how can i get the wires upto the dash to put the little visual screen there.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Parking...item53f972a5d3

All assistance is greatly received.

colcol

The item mentioned won't show up on my computer, or it could be i have an old computer.
Not a bad idea to attach the sensors to the cheese grater grille area and you won't have to remove your front bumper.
Don't know to much about the MiTo engine bay, but just have a look where the wires go through the firewall and poke them through there or there could be an unused blanking grommet some where that you could utilise.
A bloke who installs these told me that it is sometimes better to leave out the visual screen out so that you just look at where you are going and that object not picked up by the sensor, as opposed to looking at a screen.
The beeper can be placed under the seat, where it can be heard and not seen, behind the dashboard can muffle the sound somewhat.
I believe that the front sensors are 'switched on' by touching the brake pedal and stay on for a certain time, so that they don't stay on all the time, so that they don't beep in city traffic.
You could also do what that dad on the car insurance add do and attach pillows to the bumpers!, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]