UPDATE: Changes to The Club Permit Scheme effective 31 January 2015

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, January 24, 2015, 10:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

Fellow Alfisti,

We received a number of documents from VicRoads just over a week ago. The changes are substantial for new club permit applicants and come into force from 31 January 2015.

I will attach the relevant information received from VicRoads and a summary 2 page PDF that I finished tonight (Ross has okayed the publication on the forum, (it is still draft), due to the tight timeframes) that outlines:
1. how the new process will operate for all AROCA Vic. members via a simple flowchart, and
2. a summary of key changes distilled from the documents

I recommend that aspiring club permit applicants read VSI 33 carefully and study the flowchart.

Attachment 1 - Intro Letter
Attachment 2 - How Pre-1949 vehicles will be treated (not much impact to our club)

In attachment 1, please make note of the following three key changes that impact post 31/12/1948 vehicles:
1. Establishment of a "M"odified vehicle plate scheme (for modifications that are outside of VSI 33 - see below)
2. Date stamped photos (to be emailed to the CPS mailbox). Please note, VicRoads require specific shots to be taken. Do not send hardcopies. Only softcopies via the CPS email address.
3. The requirement for a Vehicle Eligibility and Standards Declaration to be signed. Note, the Club Permit Officers (David Wright and Phil Nash) will be able to sign BOTH the new declaration and the permit for each new CPS application, provided a RWC is presented.

We are keen to make this as streamlined as possible for both the member and the Club Permit Officers.

To facilitate this please look at the one page flowchart in the attachment below which outlines how to apply for CPS or MPS plates.

Best Regards
Phil

massiveluvbuddy67

Attachment 1 - Important read this: My CPS process flowchart and summary of changes

(Please note I have updated this to V0.4 after discussions with Ross today (Sunday 25 January) and confirmation from AOMC that a RWC is sufficient for the Club Permit Officer to sign both the new Vehicle Eligibility and Standards Declaration and the permit, provided a RWC is produced for the new CPS application.)

massiveluvbuddy67

New CPS and MPS application form is to big for me to attach. Look at VicRoads website

Evan Bottcher

Thanks Phil for wading through this.  Looks like good news with regard to roll cages, if I'm not mistaken a competition cage is now fine if CAMS approved.

It puts a bit of onus back onto the club to assess compliance with VSI33 however, essentially from photos. I wonder where liability lies, if there was an accident?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on January 25, 2015, 10:31:52 AM
Thanks Phil for wading through this.  Looks like good news with regard to roll cages, if I'm not mistaken a competition cage is now fine if CAMS approved.

It puts a bit of onus back onto the club to assess compliance with VSI33 however, essentially from photos. I wonder where liability lies, if there was an accident?

Hi Evan,
Yes good news for roll cages. The VSI 33 acceptable modifications are very generous and not overly onerous. To the second point, and this is a very important point, the Club Permit Officers will not be assessing VSI 33 compliance per new application. AROCA Vic. will be requiring the RWC to facilitate that. The photo check is purely if there is something obvious, maxed out body flairs, a side exhaust etc. I will seek a second opinion.

Thank you for raising this point Evan as it is very important to ensure understanding that the role of the Club Permit Officer is to execute the process (as per attached flowchart above), not make VSI 33 decisions. We will entrust that to the RWC.

Best Regards
Phil

Divano Veloce

From the club permit agreement:

Dated photographs must include images of the front, drivers side, rear, driving position (side on with the driver's door open) and, where possible, any identifiers such as chassis number and engine number.

Where a club permit application for a motorcycle is made, the club (owner) must take photographs of both sides of the motorcycle, a photograph of the rear, and where possible, of identifiers such as engine and frame numbers.

1968 Berlina TS
1989 75 TS
1990 75 TS
2007 147 JTD

just about to send my application in for cps for my alfetta and I was wondering with the RWC do I send the original or do I send a photocopy of it.

massiveluvbuddy67

For the RWC, a copy is fine. You can also scan and send to the CPS mailbox along with the softcopy pictures required.
Cheers
Phil