New car

Started by Kulwinder, January 22, 2015, 05:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kulwinder

Hi guys I bought this Alfa few weeks ago for my wife. To surprise her, when she would land from overseas. She loved it when she saw it first time. And guess what, I drive it most of the time. Because I really like it. And she is drives my car. 😜
Want to show you our new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfettaman

Welcome to the world of ALFA ROMEO

Garibaldi

Welcome, that is one lovely car. I like the colour, it is very similar if not the same as my 2004 147 Twin Spark. The scary part is that your registration number starts with the same letters as mine and the first two numbers are the same. What the? :o

Kulwinder

I installed these DRLs.

colcol

Welcome Kulwinder to the Forum, Walter De Silva did a first class job on the original styling of the 156, he described the styling as "perfectly balanced', when Guigaro came along and did the facelift he didn't ruin it like some facelifted cars, you can see how the styling is heading towards the 159, he was voted the worlds greatest stylist a few years back, for good reason, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

poohbah

Welcome Kulwinder. Great car.

Yours looks the same colour as my Series 1 V6.

I'm biased, but I reckon the deep blue best shows off the beautiful lines of the 156!
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Kulwinder

You are right. Blue looks great. But pain to keep clean. I polished it this Monday. And after couple of days gone dirty again. Dusty 😁

Garibaldi

That's right, you have to keep cleaning and polishing this colour but it looks fantastic if you do. :)

Kulwinder

You haven't posted any photo of your ride?

poohbah

Not sure if you were replying to me Kulwinder, but I'm always happy to repost a pic of my beauty!

Unfortunately she is currently down at the panel beaters having the front passenger door replaced after I got T-boned by a bloke who ran a red light. Hopefully I will get her back on Friday.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Kulwinder

Got new tint today. Bit darker than legal limit 20%. I realised after that it's too dark. Because of black leather interior. My Grandeur has cream leather interior. Has same dark tint. But doesn't look too dark.
My experience I should get lighter tint on black interior.
But looks good. Air condition is cooling very quick.

V AR 164

Hey Kulwinder

Saw you in Kealba turning right into Main Road East at the lights in your 156!
Also, your daytime running lights were occasionally turning off for a few seconds then turning back on again.

Nice car anyway!

Andrew
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti

Kulwinder

Don't know why. I have noticed this before. They stop when car standing and aircon on and fan turns. When car running they stay on. I haven't checked if there is any low voltage issue while standing on lights. They are running through cigarette socket fuse.

Kulwinder Singh