Blue & Me iPod adaptor - help required!

Started by blueblood1995, January 16, 2015, 12:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueblood1995

Hi All

Just purchased the little white Blue & Me adaptor for in-car iPod Classic play.

Plugged in, ready to go, can view artists, albums, songs etc... on red LED display on instrument cluster, BUT...

when I press "SRC" to select a song B&M displays "PAUSED" and "UNKNOWN".

Is this possibly related to not having most current version of software?
I have a late model 2009 159 JTD Ti and believe it has the latest version.
I would have also expected that the iPod would not be recognised at all if the latest software version was not installed.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Regards and thanks
blueblood1995

blueblood1995

Well bugger me!
Just went out to car with 32GB USB stick having downloaded the "update" from Blue & Me website.
Plugged USB into port in glovebox, 10 secs later update complete (must have the latest software version for Gen 1 B&M, i.e. 5.6 I think?)
Plugged iPod Classic 120Gb and bing-bango songs play! perfect!
Artists, Albums, Playlists etc...
Like a stroke of magic really!

I really do not understand how this Alfa works sometimes!

One more question... does this then mean I have the most current version of of B&M, i.e. 5.6 because I plugged my USB stick back into my PC and clicked "UPLOAD" on the B&M downloads page.
It offered me a download of version 5.6 (and 5.5 at bottom of page)
Can't work out if
(1) I have 5.5 and it's suggesting me to upload to 5.6,
(2) this is a default response when you plug your USB back into the PC and "UPLOAD", or
(3) don't bother touching anything else because my iPod now works?

Any suggestions would be great.

Neil Choi

Go with (3), it's not a car, it's an Alfa, and if it is working, don't touch it.

blueblood1995

Yes suspected that would be the feedback and thanks for your help.
I have noticed some tracks play twice. Not all the time and there's no frequency to it, i.e. doesn't happen every third track. Strange?

blueblood1995

A couple of small but annoying issues observed over the weekend which I cannot explain:

* Occasionally a song will randomly play twice before playing next track. (Issue overcome by simply pressing the ">>" button on RHS steering wheel control.)

* Media player will restart automatically from last stopped point, however... if I try to select a different artist, album, etc... Voiceover Lady says "building media library". What does this mean exactly? What I discovered is if I unplug my iPod Classic from the USB port and plug straight back in then same song plays but this action seems to "reset" and resolve the problem so I can select a different artist or album.

Does anyone have any ideas why these things might be happening?

Cheers
JB

Potsie

Not sure if this is right for your symptoms/usage, but I found that when I was playing music from a USB stick Blue&Me would repeat songs. From memory the solution was to hit the voice command button and say 'loop off'. Even if that's not the right solution, it can't hurt to give it a go. Potsie.
2010 159 2.4 JTDm - my daily driver
2014 Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - ex. wife's daily driver
e. alfamowing@gmail.com (for all your lawn mowing needs)

blueblood1995

Will give it a try Potsie next time it happens. Thanks for the feedback.
Any ideas about the "building media library" voiceover? This seem to be more frequent than the track repeat so was hoping someone might have a suggestion for that.
Cheers
BB