Transaxle Diff Ratios

Started by Fylnn, April 21, 2015, 01:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fylnn

I took the GTV6 out for its first serious rally of the year on Saturday.  Finished where many did not in the ever reliable Alfa.  The area we used around Manumbar has a bit of a reputation as a car breaker.  But the organisers did a fantastic job of actually picking some nice roads.  I had done a lot of work on the front suspension with stiffer 27mm torsion bars, raised ride height and extended upper ball joints to get it riding nicely with about 6" of clearance.  Worked pretty well I think, much better now.  So we had a ball, had a LR tyre deflate on a high speed section but apart from that ran strongly.  Only slight concern is we developed a squealing noise like a bearing in the clutch area which has now developed into a rattle.  Yet to dive under and properly check but might be transaxle removal time.  Only area that now annoys me about the car is the gearing.  It is running a standard GTV6 box in it, no LSD and 4.1:1 diff.  On some of the long and tight hills either revs its ring off in 2nd or lugs in 3rd, and when it is in 4th a bit leisurely in acceleration.  So it may come time to address the situation.  Suspected solution is TS box with a lower diff.  I was looking at the 4.55:1 from these guys.  Just negotiating with the Minister of Finance.  Anyone got any experience or heard of them before?

http://www.bacciromano.com/?p=prodotti&l=eng&cat1=25&cat2=101&mar=3&ricambi=RCE24&idref=#4033