alfa suds

Started by 310, January 03, 2015, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

well I went and had a look at those alfa suds with my dad today. or more like whats left of them. got told yeah ok out of three you could make two good car.  :-\ now I know rust is a issue. that's fine but these cars where gone.
first car looks good from distance red ti 1982 single carb. bare shell  rust in inner guards and boot as hatch glass missing.
second car look ok missing radiator support panel. cut off.
third car blue good fixer up best of 3 cars. I am told. well rust in a pillars, rust in rear quarter panels. rear hatch :o there should be a hatch looks like a hatch.
total price $1500 if not sold going to scrap heap. ok try neg on price since cars going to scrap heap. nono $1500 or no deal. in old Italian accent.
now on the phone conversation restorable cars make 2 out of three. again Italian accant
>:(
now apart from the 30+ deg out there this guy was joking me. Italian aussie accent
lot of good parts on these cars. :( in old Italian accent.
well what I take the red car and cut the floor out of that one $600.00 and I ll cut it out myself once wearther cools. nono $1000.
dad looks at me I look at dad. F*&k it. just walk out.
well we decide to head to Lygon street in his FIAT 850 sport. whats that noise wheel bearing collapses.
DAD reaction lets just say he aint going to heaven. as for me well I had sit there in 30+ degrees thinking could a truck just hit me PLEASE.
3 hours later towie shows up. please god do not damage this car. ::)
get car home and only thing I wanna do is get in my car and get the hell out of there with AC on. :P
well another two hours later after swearing and cursing (from my dad) I fianally get the outer bearing out. with a grinder. I beg dad to just let me go. oh no he says this your fault because if we didn't go this would never happened. That over pass was looking good around bout then. another hour on the phone trying to find these bloody bearings. on a Saturday afternoon. and Christmas brake.
I finally have enough and remember that is why I moved to Eynesbury. 70kms away from my family.
finally home thank god.
now the moral of this story is a follows.
1) get pictures sent to you before heading out.
2) do not take your dad with you.
3) under all matters do not take a FIAT with you. unless your own. not your dads
4) take a car with AC.
5) DO NOT TAKE YOUR DAD WITH YOU.
6) DO NOT TAKE YOUR DAD WITH YOU.
IF YOU STILL NOT UNDERSTAND I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO HIRE HIM OUT FOR THE DAY. I WILL PAY YOU FOR THE DAY. NO REFUNDS EXCEPTED.  ;)

after all that I will go and have a look at a Alfa 33 on Monday. and he ain't coming.

colcol

Most 33's had rubbish airconditioners, most likely about 80%???, but i bet 99% of airconditioners don't work.
Have the 33 checked out by an Alfa Romeo Service Provider and go to a Alfa Romeo Panel Shop, where they know where to look for rust.
Dads mean well, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

hi colin thanks for advice I wont need to go to a alfa dealer as I have done my apprenticeship at a dealer in the 90's. rust I will check it over at work on the hoist as for aircon well windows work wonders. well not on 33's but if you own a alfa you have to be passionate and put up with it. hopefully this 33 is better.