Alfa Racing within AROCA Winton Sprints

Started by Neil Choi, December 28, 2014, 08:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Alfa Racing is still being developed and the aim is to be inclusive while keeping an even competition playing field.  Such that, in the August 2 event, we will trial the inclusion of running Slick tyres. 

Those who choose to run slick tyres will automatically be classified into Class B which is deemed to allow more modifications and thus a higher powered class. 

Class A aims to preserve the nature of the Historic Classes, such that their modifications are limited by their category regulations.

We reserve the rights to modify the competition further.

The modified competition regulations are attached.

The altered competition regulations are as follow:

Classes:

Class A
-2 Litres and under
-must comply with CAMS regulations for Historic Group S, Historic Group N, Improved Production or Marque Sports
-Slicks not permitted

Class B
-Over 2 Litres or:
-Sports Sedan built
-Any Alfa car that does not fit in Class A
-Slicks permitted

Vehicles with forced induction engines will be classified by engine capacity multiplied by a factor of 1.7.

Neil Choi

As a note, the changes came about from the observation that there were always two racing groups in the field.  Those who are in Class B have much more modification and will always be faster so it would seem unnecessary to restrict their use of slicks.

Evan Bottcher

A small tweak to encourage some more race cars onto the track without having to change tyres and suspension setup.  These rules are set up to be as simple and inclusive as possible at this stage.

In contrast - I read the other day that in the UK Alfa racing series the competitors in the 'standard' class have to submit to a dyno test for their cars at their own cost in order to qualify, to prove that the engines are within spec. 

If anyone is unsure what's involved in getting their car AASA log-booked and their racing license sorted, give me a shout 0400 013 175.  Once that is done you're also ready to race with the Veloce Racing Association at Winton September 26-27, we can show those Northerners the way around Winton.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Just on a month until the second Alfa Racing, at Winton Aug 2.

I know of several Alfa's being prepared and to be tested, along with the previous event entrants.

So what will you be doing on Aug 2?

aggie57

Back to the future  ;D.

Back in the 80's AROCA (Vic) ran two classes: radials and slicks.  The more the world changes, the more it stays the same lol!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Neil Choi

2nd Alfa Racing event at Winton is on, August 2, information and entry form is posted.

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14663.0.html