Sandown November 2014 Sprint - vids/photos

Started by tjb0274, November 24, 2014, 12:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick A

If I was driving a Sud it would definitely be a dream. Actually... more like a nightmare!

:)

alfa duk

Nice driving Mick, I enjoyed that drag race down the back waiting to see who blinked and that gearbox is one smooth unit. Are both cars of similar spec?
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

Mick A

Yeah both cars are pretty evenly matched.

Mine is a 3 litre 12 valve, and Ben's is a 3 litre 24 valve, so he has more power, but my car has a roll cage and weight reduction, where his car doesn't have either of those.
The brakes and suspension are very similar. Same gearbox and final drive, tyre size,  and both on R type radials.

I wouldn't normally drive so closely to another car but he and I agreed before we went out that we wouldn't let each other pass without the other driver having to work hard for it!

Knowing and trusting the other drivers abilities plays a big part in the safety aspect of it all. 

alfa duk

I couldnt agree with you more. That is one of the biggest attractions with VRA racing, you can trust the drivers around you.Love taking the car home straight.
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Quote from: alfa duk on December 26, 2014, 10:06:15 PM
I couldnt agree with you more. That is one of the biggest attractions with VRA racing, you can trust the drivers around you.Love taking the car home straight.

Mmmm, I beg to differ.  I have been hit about 5 times, 3 times in one race on the same lap, all hits were from my racing Alfa mates!!!!  As the VRA saying goes, when the flag drops, no mates.

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Neil Choi on January 06, 2015, 10:52:25 PM
I have been hit about 5 times, 3 times in one race on the same lap...

Hmm.  There's at least one thing in common with all 5 times...  8)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal