1982 Giulietta Clutch Hydraulics

Started by Mazjooz, December 18, 2014, 04:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazjooz

Finally started up the Giullie today and she runs like a dream (well after I gave the carbies a bit of a clean and replaced the spark plugs it did anyway). Next problem is the clutch.

The pedal was stuck and after a little bit of pressure it came free. Unfortunately after there being too much resistance in the clutch pedal there was suddenly not enough. Removal of the slave cylinder showed that the piston sleeve was full of rust so we are gonna look at rebuilding that and also take the master cylinder off and hope that is in better condition.

The reason I am on here is to see if anyone has a set they would be willing to part with in exchange for cash. If I can get a good set at a reasonable price it would save a lot of work.

DHDamo

Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

Mazjooz

Thanks to Damo the Giulietta is up and running. Still have a couple of electrical gremlins to work through but I took it for a bit of a drive yesterday and she runs sweet.

Next up is some small rust repairs and then off to the auto electricians for a check up and reco of the air conditioning.