Upholsterer recommendations

Started by AlfettaResto, November 17, 2014, 08:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlfettaResto

Can anyone recommend an upholsterer, want to get the alfetta GT interior re done.  Have been quoted $3.5K to $4K for full seat rebuild and reupholstered in leather.  Is this reasonable or bloody expensive?

Barry Edmunds

There are many very good trimmers around Melbourne. I had some trim work done recently by Trimworld, 14-16 Williams Road Coburg and am very pleased with the result. They worked off a tattered remnant of the original transmission tunnel cover and came up with a great result, even matching the stitching pattern on the original.

AlfettaResto

should of said, i'm in Perth.

Thanks for your response Barry, anything a bit closer to home?

poohbah

I don't know the name of any decent upholsterer, but call Leo or Reno at Ciliberti Motors in Osborne Park, and they should be able to recommend someone.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

meizhak

Millane motor trimmers do a really good job. \you'll pay for it though.
1979 alfetta gtv 2000`
series 1 alfa 33 1.7i 16v

alfasuds

Worth posting had some good work done by Canning Motor Trimmers on my 159 leather seats (drivers side bolster piping had worn, photos up on ausalfa.com)

Reno from Cilibertis reccomended B-Trimmed in Osborne Park (Frobisher St), which I would have used had I lived north of the river. One man shop does alot of work for Barbs.