New Alfasud convert Sydney Northern Beaches

Started by amichie, November 16, 2014, 06:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amichie

Hello All

Just introducing myself, My name is Andrew and it's been far too long since I have owned and Italian car.
I recently bought a black 1986 Alfa Sprint QV off ebay in what was a complete impulse buy. This car is a good car but needs a full restoration. It runs but needs a lot of work and is now on stands up the back of my garage and due to be stripped and start attending to the rust.

Since then I have also acquired a beautiful little Alfasud Ti QV from I think 1984. This car is in very good shape and I absolutely love it. Needs only a little work and seems to have very little rust. It was a one owner for the first 27 years.

Cool Jesus

Awesome, you do realise now that Alfa is an anachronism for Always Looking For Another  :o
Your in good company too with uncle col.  8)
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

amichie

A list of Italian cars I have owned.
1. Fiat 850 Sport 1969 model. Bought for $200 back in 1985.
2. Fiat 125 1970 model. I think that one was about $500. I converted this to a 5 speed and 1800cc engine from a 124 CC coupe.
3. Lancia Beta HPE Executive 1983 model. I loved this car and wish I could find a nice original one at a reasonable price. Power steering and the torque of the 2L engine made this a delight to drive. Unbelievable handling in stock form.
4. Lancia Flavia 2000 Coupe 1969 model. Converted to EFI and 5 speed from a 1973 IE saloon. Still in the family. I gave it to my Dad about 7 years ago and he has now fully restored it. Very nice to drive and being a flat four front wheel drive was sort of a precursor to the Alfasud.
5. Insert about 20 years gap without owning anything Italian and now I have the Sud and the Sprint.

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

amichie

Feeling good. Just got a pink slip for the ALFASUD TI QV with no issues. Another year of happy motoring ahead.