Re:Alfasud Ti Qv 1983 radio

Started by herbyj, October 27, 2014, 06:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

This is mine in my 12th month 1983 sud Ti QV, for reference.

regards
Mike
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

Craig_m67

That's the one I had in my SprintQV

Fond memories :)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

colcol

Mike, the good thing about that stereo, is that it had AM Stereo, remember that?, it was going to save AM Radio from the onslaught of FM Radio, AM Stereo gave you bad sound in the two speakers, what brand of Radio was it?, i know it says Alfa Romeo, but who made it?, was it JVC?, at least in the olden days there was no code to put in after a flat battery, something quite common in older Alfa Romeo's, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Mike

Haha, yeah I think it's JVC, but at the mechanic's so will check when it's back.  It still works, but won't set your world on fire that's for sure!
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

lombardi

I had what looked like the same as photo in my 33 ti 1985,it's a pioneer,maybe for that time it was ok, but now not so good.remember cassette's.ie tape's.
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999

alfafarm

Hi  I have a pile of steros from alfas up to 164 which is a pioneer as well  john

colcol

My 33 TI had a Eurovox, quite unreliable, Uncle Col blew a poofer valve one night and smashed it up [while driving], see 'Violence against cars' post.
I used to love cassettes when they would unwind themselves and tangle up in the winder, then it would be radio out, pull apart and pull out the remaining tape with pointy nosed pliers.
MP3 is much better, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: colcol on January 11, 2015, 09:20:39 PM
Mike, the good thing about that stereo, is that it had AM Stereo, remember that?, it was going to save AM Radio from the onslaught of FM Radio, AM Stereo gave you bad sound in the two speakers

Wow, never heard of AM stereo before.  Thanks Uncle Colcol, yet again you teach me something.  Interesting Wikipedia article about it.....  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM_stereo

Garibaldi

Col, I'd forgotten all of those annoying issues with cassette tapes, getting tangled up inside the player or getting caught up when you ejected it leaving half the tape inside the unit. I remember like it was yesterday using a pencil or a pen to rewind a tape full of kinks because it was chewed up by the player. Just thinking about that makes me very angry. >:(

colcol

I remember, in the olden days you would pull up at an intersection and there would be an unwound tape with all the tape flapping in the breeze on the ground flung there by an angry motorist, i threw out about 500 cassette tapes about a year ago, don't miss them one bit, i imagine in about 20 years people will be looking for cassette tapes to put in their classic 70's-80's cars.
I think the last Alfa Romeo car to have a Radio cassette was a very early 156 of about 98 vintage, as i have seen them in old owners manuals, Colin.

Bourney

Hi,
Does anyone know the model number of the stereo in the 1983 Sud QV Ti? Was it a Pioneer KEH 4008? Or can you post a pic?
Regards David

Bourney

Hi,
I just saw the pic from page 1 - it is a pioneer KEH 4008. I also have a Peugeot 205 gti and when I was looking at a 1983 Peugeot 505, I thought it had the same stereo, so finding a stereo from a 505 is another option. You can list a "wanted request" on the Aussie Frogs website. I have picked one up this way.
Regards David