New Giulietta - Tom Tom - Pairing?

Started by Mark Fletcher, August 10, 2014, 05:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Fletcher

:o

HELP - a new Giulietta is in our family and she is very welcome - but I cannot get the TomTom that came with the car to pair to the car????

Am I stupid or is there a trick to it?

Silver 2000 GTV 1973, Black Sprint QV 1986, Red Sprint QV 1985 (donor), Red 147 JTD... and maybe a Red Spyder?

Silver Bodgie

I know it wasn't difficult to do if you live somewhere near the Blue Mountains I could have a look at it for you?
Peter
Now
Giulietta QV 1750 Alfa Red
Past
2008 159
1750 GT Veloce 1970

DAMO1A

Mark, I can't get it to sync with the car either.  If you find out I would be interested to know. Damian
2015 Giulietta QV TCT
1990 Alfa Spider Series 4

Andiroid

Same here, possibly the most frustrating thing I have done this year is trying to pair with this system......
2013 Giulietta Distinctive Sportiva, 2004 147 Twin Spark 3dr

alfamisa

Hi guys, mine was done by the dealer on delivery so I can't recall how he did it, but use this video and it should be straight forward;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAT-rJyen5E

Hehe yes my image is in the shape of the beautiful Giulietta ;)
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

DAMO1A

That video is handy however my Tom Tom doesn't want to pair.  The car says 'welcome' after I have put in the code however the Tom Tom says that pairing failed.  I tried the factory reset but still no luck.
2015 Giulietta QV TCT
1990 Alfa Spider Series 4

alfamisa

I assume your phone pairs? I have read on Alfaowners in UK this and I quote;

"Try do a "long reset" by holding down the on/off button for about 10 sek, there will be a drum roll and then you let go of the button, it will then start up again and will not delete any user settings or favorites like it does when you do a factory reset. That usually fix stuff like that.
Have to say this is how you do it on a normal tomtom go live 1000/1005 but since its based on that it should be the same."

Apart from that, and I'd understand if you wouldn't want to, you could disconnect and reconnect the car battery after a minute in the hope this is just a memory glitch. But that's just a guess.

Good luck with solving it.
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.