When u are President, you're fair game!

Started by Victor Lee, May 31, 2006, 06:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Lee

Hi all,

Came across this old article from our Club's Cross & Serpent magazine from July 1992.  At the time I was Club President but was away on an overseas business trip.  I took the opportunity to have the car at Hugh Harrison's Alfpa Repairs for some maintenance.  Little did I know what the Baywater guys and the Magazine Editor were up to until I opened this magazine!  :)

FYI, the car was a 1984 silver GTV6 2.5lt, which I had twice won the Bob Gardiner Trophy and Terry Potter Trophy in.  Also a few years of winning Super Modified Class too.  It was very well presented car with Simmons B45s and the ususal modifications. 

Unfortunately, the chap who bought it from me let the car go to waste (gaffer tape to hold the steering wheel together, blocks of wood holding up the elec windows when the motors failed, full of rust, both exterior mirrors missing). :(   Oh yes, he did "improve" it: the cam covers were polished! :o   Scott Farquharson acquired it for his top secret "Project X" and now sits in his workshop stripped bare waiting further development (maybe!).   At least it's inside and not rusting anymore!
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

jimnielsen

Yep, Scott should have "project X" finished by Oh, Um......the year 200X.

:-*
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Scott Farquharson

Quote from: jimnielsen on May 31, 2006, 08:26:01 PM
Yep, Scott should have "project X" finished by Oh, Um......the year 200X.

:-*
Hey Jimbo, live it up while you can Guilietta Boy....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)