New procedure for acquiring a Club Permit renewal/ new applications processed

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, October 11, 2014, 04:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

Please read the following link for information on how to acquire a club permit.
Please reference the flowchart in the attached link that was posted on 24 January at 10:28am.

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,13928.0.html

Fellow Alfisiti,

As many of you know AROCA Vic. has been actively engaged with VicRoads on proposed changes to the current Club Permit scheme (CPS) and the proposed introduction of a Modified Permit scheme (MPS).

Please refer to the following forum topic for updates:

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,12713.0.html

Changes to the way Club members can acquire a CPS renewal signature or new application processed:
Importantly, the AROCA Vic. Committee along with David Wright and myself have also reviewed our current CPS signatory process. This Forum post will outline the key changes and new procedures to facilitate financial club members either renewing a current CPS permit or process a new application for CPS.

Due to the significant volume of permits the club now administers, some key changes are necessary to ensure club CPS signatories maintain a quality of life.

1. There is now a new email address for all CPS enquiries: cps@alfaclubvic.org.au
This email address is for all CPS enquiries. It redirects to both myself and David Wright.

2. Phone contact is no longer an option: Initial direct phone contact on any CPS matter is no longer required nor advocated. All initial communications will be via the cps@alfaclubvic.org.au email address. David and I will commit to a maximum 7 day turnaround on all enquiries.

3. A new PO box has been established purely for club permit applications. Mail (with a commitment to a maximum 14 day turnaround) is the only medium through which renewals and new applications will be processed from Monday 13 October. The new PO Box address is below. It will be cleared once weekly on a Saturday. David and I are committing to a maximum 14 day turnaround time for all renewals and new applications. The address is below:

CPS Applications & Renewals
CPS Officer, AROCA Vic
PO Box 7076
Banyule
VIC 3084

4. You must include a stamped self addressed envelope with any request sent to the CPS PO Box

Key points:
1. CPS signatories will no longer be contactable via phone to make an appointment
2. A new email address is now available for club member CPS queries
3. A new PO Box has been established purely for club permits
4. This new process starts Monday 13 October
5. No changes that are currently proposed by VicRoads (e.g. photos of car required for all new applications) are being implemented until they are finalised

Reminder for CPS holders
1. You must be a financial AROCA Vic. club member for a renewal/new application to be processed. The Membership Secretary sends both David and I a refreshed list of financial members each month.

2. A new application for a CPS requires a RWC to be included in the new CPS application form

3. You do not need to send the log book to us, only the form requiring signing (and if a new application the RWC or copy of RWC)

Please ask any questions in this forum post and either David or I will answer as best we can.

Best Regards
Phil Nash (and on behalf of David Wright)
AROCA Vic. CPS administrators

Evan Bottcher

I've 'stickied' it.  Suggest you add specific step-by-step instructions for a new permit and a renewal.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Alfamania

Hello,

I have just received my club member pack. Could I please have someone sign my papers for obtaining Vic Club permit plates? Please advise how to organise this? Thanks
Alfa GT 3.2
Maserati Gransport
Alfa 75 V6 3.0
BMW 318i e36
Saab 9000cs
Mazda Rx7 13B Extend port -Turbo
Ford XE ESP 5.8
Mazda RX-4 Coupe 13B Extend Port

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: Alfamania on March 12, 2015, 01:54:26 PM
Hello,

I have just received my club member pack. Could I please have someone sign my papers for obtaining Vic Club permit plates? Please advise how to organise this? Thanks

Please read this and look at the flowchart in the post.
Thanks
Phil

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,13928.0.html

kartone

Club permit expires 4/7/15, received renewal from Vicroads on Tuesday 23/6/15, mail renewal to club secretary on Wednesday 24/6, hopefully will be delivered to club PO box by Saturday 27/6, allow 14 days to Saturday the 11/7 for club processing, hopefully will received signed permit from club by 15/7, mail signed permit to Vicroads by 16/7  ... you get the drift, I have already lost more than a week of driving rights.
Has anyone complained or asked Vicroads to send the renewal 1 or 2 weeks earlier?
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Evan Bottcher

I rang VicRoads, was told there had been a delay this last couple of weeks and got an apology. In the past I had received the renewal at least 6 weeks or probably more in advance, my guess they are struggling with the increased volume? Just a guess. Hopefully will be sorted soon.

I received my renewal form the day after I rang.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

kartone

New validated permit in hand thanks to very quick processing by the Club  ... job well done ;)
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Evan Bottcher

I was absolutely outraged at the increase in club permit fees on July 1, surely a ripple effect from the financial uncertainty in Europe? The price of the logbook has gone up by ten (10) cents! Highway robbery!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV

Garibaldi

Not as bad as having to pay a full registration for a car that gets driven once a week and is not old enough to go on a club permit. >:(

kartone

82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: kartone on July 01, 2015, 05:06:35 PM
New validated permit in hand thanks to very quick processing by the Club  ... job well done ;)

Thank you!
:D

tuf105

I'd also like to say thank you to both Phil and David for clarifying this process, both on this forum and in the latest club magazine, as well as their prompt response to my (new) CPC application.

All relevant forms sent off last Wednesday lunchtime (16th).
Email sent with required photos that night.
Approved forms received in mail on Monday.

Club plates from Vicroads in hand 1st thing Tuesday  ;D

Regards

Frank.

massiveluvbuddy67

Thank you Frank for the feedback.
When people follow the process it is all smooth sailing!
Thanks Barry for re-printing in the current magazine.
We will be updating the website with a "club permit" tab when Evan has time.
(We are all volunteers so patience is appreciated).
Best Regards
Phil

I am wondering I have purchased a 1974 mazda t 2000 truck to carry my alfa 33 to race days only could I put it club registration through the club I mainly will be using it to transport the 33