Top Gear Sprints/Racing

Started by hammer, April 10, 2008, 09:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

OK all you prospective banana bending race car drivers, the time is nigh to stop napping in front of the footy on a Saturday arvo, get in that little Italian stallion that is gathering dust in the garage and get your arse out to Qld Raceway for a blast with like-minded petrol heads. That's right, it's time to get your registration for in for the second round of the 2008 Top Gear Sprint series. All you need is you, your Alfa, a fire extinguisher, a AASA licence, some cotton clobber, your helmet and your nuts. You can stand around between runs with the rest of us and lie about how fast you used to be, how fast your gonna be and how you were just practicing your drifting when the tail came out around turn three!

And if your fully caged, fully suited and have a AASA National licence, then you should be ashamed of yourself if your not out there mixing it up with KP, Jacko and co. on Sunday at the Top Gear race meeting.

So that is Top Gear Sprints, Saturday, April 19 and Top Gear Racing, Saturday, April 20. See the QR website for details.

And Bernard, if you use that Autronic as an excuse again.....

Mezevenf

They promised it would leave them last week, so it had better be here for the TopGear sprints or I'm going to be really pissed off thats for sure! Have had NO racing this year yet :'( Makes me sad.

If I cant be there in the 75 I'm still coming... in something.

hammer

Get your old man to unleash that mint gtv6!

Good luck with the Autronic. Do you have a good Autronic dyno tuner on the Coast?

Mezevenf

Didnt make it, it sucked :( ECU arrived back today though.

hammer

Glad to hear it is back. Can you just plug it in and drive or do you have to take it to a dyno tuner?

We had a heavy shower of rain before the first sprint which made things interesting. I don't think anyone posted a PB but we all got faster as the afternoon went on and the track dried out.

Racing on Sunday was a blast. There were seven Alfas racing in the under 3000cc classs. Unfortunately Charles was out after one race with a busted water pump and KP was out after three races with a damaged front end. He was in a tight battle with a honda and they had a coming together, which left KP's Junior a bit bent. And Mark Jackson took the honour of being the first Alfacomp driver to spin coming out of pit lane! I was right behind him and it looked spectacular! I just wish I had a video camera onboard.

I might take the twinnie out for a run at the Sat Arvo sprints on May 24 if some others drivers are keen for a run. Let me know if you are thinking of competing that day.

Cheers,

Brent

Mezevenf

Hey Brent, I'll definitely be going to all SAS and TopGear Sprint events that are upcoming, gotta make up for lost time if you know what I mean.

Btw, your email is bouncing back, whats up? :)

hammer

Bernard,

Good to hear you will be back on track mate.

Try to email me at bhampstead@live.com.au

I have left Sony BMG so the old address doesn't work.

I just got back from Bendigo, picking up a new race car. This one has a fuel injection system on it made by your mate Joe Beninca. I hope to take it out to QR this Friday for a familiarisation session. There is a practice day on Friday, prior to the Qld Drivers Championship round on the weekend.

Catch you soon mate,

Brent