Replacement keys for Brera

Started by chrisc, August 31, 2014, 06:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisc

I have a 2007 Brera Spider and am down to one key which is a bit risky if I lose it.

Anyone know the cheapest way of getting a replacement key? as I would like to avoid going to an Alfa dealer as I hear its a very expensive exercise, but I suspect its my only choice.

Thanks
Brera Spider V6 6spd

colcol

Try going to an Alfa Romeo Independant service provider, but i would get a few quotes from various places first, i went through this exercise with a Commodore and the local Dealer was the cheapest, so you just have to do a ring a round, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Craig_m67

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Cool Jesus

Sounds like you purchased it sans a spare key fob. Seems to be a common theme with Alfas, previous owners loosing a set. Mate, as suggested, you'll need to ring around for the best price, but I believe your going to be stuck with a cost at Alfa pricing  seems to be the current trend with the new starting/alarm systems of most marques in incorporating so much electronics with that key fob.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

chrisc

Thanks for the responses, I'll shop around and see what is the best option, but I suspect I'll end up at the local Alfa dealer. I'll update the forum with what I find out. Thx
Brera Spider V6 6spd

Mat Francis

May or may not be any use to you, but give statewide locksmith in lilydale a call.

They made me a spare key for the 166 for about $180 from memory. It doesnt have rhe keyless entry buttons, and it isnt the flip style, but its correctly programmed to the immobiliser and will get me out of trouble if I ever lose the original, which is all I was after.

Cheers
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

chrisc

Thx Mat, I might them a go and see what they say
Brera Spider V6 6spd