$15K for a 76 Alfasud Ti

Started by DAMO1A, September 11, 2014, 06:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAMO1A

Wow. A tidy 76 Alfasud Ti in Sydney just went on Ebay for just over $15,000.  That must be a record high price. Did anyone on this forum buy it?
2015 Giulietta QV TCT
1990 Alfa Spider Series 4

Sportscar Nut

Would love to have seen the car but assume was very sound.

Not surprised at price as is rare to see Suds for sale as most have gone to God - particularly early S1 & S2's! IMO, have not seen a really decent one for sale for 4 years and a proper restoration (ie body work) is an expensive exercise these days.

Paul

Ricky Ricardo

It's about time these cars are seeing rising value and good for people that are hanging onto good examples, not so good for people who want one.
I've noticed values rising in the UK too.   

Craig_m67

Was it the blue one?
that was gorgeous
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Mick A

I know of one in Melbourne that is in as good if not better condition and comes with quite a lot of NOS spare parts! Similar price.

If there is anyone genuinely interested in buying it I can check if it is for sale!

Evan Bottcher

This thread makes me quite happy  8)

This was the ebay auction btw: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271593905767?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I do wonder if the car will stay in Australia?  There is a developing market for early Suds overseas, as most of them have dissolved in Europe.  I've seen a big increase in bare metal restorations documented particularly for mk1 Suds.

We have one tucked away that was saved from the crusher at Pick-a-part back in the late 90s - they were worth absolutely nothing back then.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

herbyj

When I started looking for an Alfasud Ti Qv I contacted Beninca to see if they knew of one for sale.
They had what they said was an excellent early Ti that they said they would sell for $13,000 so maybe $15,000 isn't too expensive.
Herby

Frank Musco

Martinsifredi

There are plenty of great Suds and 33's  in very good condition in Italy ! just need to know where to look .
Prices are rising slowly but as there are fewer Suds than GTV's and other more popular model Alfa's, watch the value of all Boxer engine Alfas go up ! :-)
MartinSifredi
Classic and Modern
Concours Automobile Presentation
Ph 0425 735 814

Garibaldi

I have recently returned from Italy and the oldest car I saw was a 75 but as you have said Martin you probably need to look in the right places.

RobertRame

I'm interested but I don't care for the signature at all..

Are you expecting more because of the sig?

amichie

DAMO1A

It looks as though it has gone to a good home.
2015 Giulietta QV TCT
1990 Alfa Spider Series 4