Is this the right forum

Started by bendover, September 10, 2014, 09:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendover

Seems i have putting my problems on the rwrong forum so i will tell you about them here.

I bought a 2004 147 2.0 T spark. The problem i am having, and its sort of hard to explain without somebody in the car, is that when you accelerate away there is a delay or a surge for a few seconds. When driving along it comes and goes. Sometimes the car just takes off and other times it feels like its trying to get fuel or power to run smooth. I have changed the air filter, plugs and cleaned all the connecters.

Since changing the plugs it has run better but there is still a very slight hesitation when driving. Its like a first time driver who has never driven a manual car before, that sort of little jumping.

I am at a loss as to what is causing this problem as there are no warning signs or anything else shows up when tested on a computer. A number of mechanics have said various things about what could be causing this but really they have no idea. The car idles smoothly and its only when driving does this problem occur. Sometimes it just takes off so smoothly, then hesitates again and this is only for a split second or two.

I am looking for any answers that may be around or anybody else who has had the same problem and how they fixed it.

Brad M

No you are best served by posting in the "932 Series (156, GTV, Spider, 147, GT, and 166)" board.

Hope you are getting the help you need, I'm not familiar with the 147/156 Twin Sparks.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

ANG156

Could it be the airflow meter? Maybe throttle body? Which mechanics have you taken it to?