Performance mods for Brera 2.2JTS

Started by Steve Barber, August 10, 2014, 09:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Barber

I have a 2006 manual petrol Brera 2.2 JTS and would like to do a complete top to bottom performance upgrade program from suspension through to engine to make the car tighter and more sporty, while still retaining good driveability (ie., not rock hard track work, but good spirited country driving work).

Any suggestions - I live in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, so the work can be done in Brisbane - eg., how about John French and/or Fulcrum suspension - and what is the combined wisdom of the best combination of mods?

Thanks
Steve

kaleuclint

Hey Steve, if you want info about coilovers and suchlike, then ausalfa.com has plenty of info given the demographic is more into 'current' models.

Realistically though, the Brera is a heavy car (particularly in relation to the GT which it will always be compared to given that their sales overlapped), and the 2.2 is no performance engine.  I've always figured that an Autodelta supercharger would suit the character of the 2.2, but for GBP4700 plus freight plus fitting you'd have to be insane to go down that route. 
http://www.autodeltashop.com/product_info.php?products_id=581

For possibly not that much more money it might make more sense to buy a V6 or TBi powered car.  otherwise exhausts seems to be where 2.2 modding begins and possibly ends.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Spiderman JP

135k on my '07 Spider, I have done the last 40k on it, perfect history perfect car. I have replaced an O2 sensor and that's about it. Fabulously reliable........ ;D ;D ;D ;D
........the older I get the faster I was......

Spiderman JP

Sorry guys, right answer to wrong topic......DOH!!!!!
........the older I get the faster I was......

Alfa156Melb1

Those years getting the better of you Joe?  ;D ;D