Cars and Coffee - 1st Saturday of the month

Started by LaStregaNera, July 31, 2014, 03:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaStregaNera

66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

LaStregaNera

Forgot to post about November - I haven't been to the last 2, but they're getting bigger and bigger!
Next one is on this Saturday - 6th December, as per usual at Samios Fine Foods, Turbo Drive Coorparoo... I'll most likely be there this month!
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Scuba Steve

Any idea if it is on again this coming Saturday 3rd Jan 2015?

Steve
916 Spider 2001 TS
Also on AO & Ausalfa
AROCA Vehicle Register #171

LaStregaNera

Hi Steve, yeah, it was - i wasn't there though. It'll be on again first Saturday of Feb.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

LaStregaNera

66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

LaStregaNera

As above, This Saturday is cars and coffee, same Bat time, same Bat Channel!
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

qldgtv

It was a spectacular day with great variety of cars.  Next time we need to see more Alfas there.

Paul
QldGTV

LaStregaNera

Yeah, that Series 2 2600 was lovely.
I need to find out where the rear speaker grilles came from...

I got there a little late and was relegated to one of the back car parks.
Next one lines up with Easter Saturday.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

qldgtv

I believe they came from Koenigs in Germany along with the Becker Europa Stereo Radio and speakers. https://www.koenigs-klassik-radios.de/en/loudspeaker/universal-loudspeaker-cover-angular-12x16-cms-grill3/a-31127/

Be aware this set up only plays 60's and 70's music though. http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif

Paul
QldGTV

LaStregaNera

Lol.
I've got a mono FM Becker in the dash - been hanging off putting a speaker on it because I lost my old grille, and haven't been able to find a new one that I like.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

LaStregaNera

This is on again this Saturday morning - it's been getting pretty big lately!
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

zippytheclown

So is it at Samios every month? Might rock up and check it out this weekend
'03 Holden Commy XYII Work Ute (Monday to Friday Car)
'04 147 GTA Sele (Saturday Car)
'07 Alfa GT V6 (Sunday Car)
'82 Alfasud 1.5 Sprint Veloce (Money Pit)

LaStregaNera

66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

LaStregaNera

And again this saturday morning - It's been absolutely huge the last couple of months, slowly getting more alfas show up, but there's always 10x more Fiats arrive...
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Cupcake

I went last Saturday. Fantastic turnout, and a great range of cars. I had to park a kilometre away, so I might as well have brought the Prado. It's certainly outgrown that location, but I got a good walk out of that.

I arrived at the scheduled start time, hence the reason for parking so far away. As I was turning into the 'main drag', a red 105 GTV was leaving, and I never saw it again. Didn't recognise the driver, but that's not saying a lot. Apart from mine, the only other Alfa I saw was a white Giulia Ti (the boxy ones). I'm sure I've seen it around the club, but again I can't place the owner. The Fiat club were organised, and provided a good selection. Maybe we should do the same sometime.

The feast of Lambos, Mazzas, Fezzas, etc was worth the effort of going alone, let alone all the ye olde American iron, rice burners, and other interesting cars. For my money they could do without all the Camaros, Mustangs, BMWs, etc, which seemed a dime a dozen, and just stick to the more interesting cars. But of course, there is no way of achieving that.