2014 Alfa Club 6 hr Relay at Winton 18-19 October

Started by Neil Choi, July 29, 2014, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

The 9th Alfa Club 6 hr Relay at Winton will be run on 18-19 October.

Entry is now open.

Attached are the supplementary regulations and entry form.

s9810588

I had a chat at Phillip Island to a couple of guys, near the restored BMW E30. Having such shot memory, I can't remember the names at all but do remember they have Alfa 33s and planning to enter the 6 hrs relay.

I'm interested in having a look how a 6 hrs relay event is run and happy to offer some help eg. holding out pit board, etc.

colcol

Thats the spirit!, come along and have a look and see how it all works and get yourself into a team next year.
Those Alfa Romeo 33's, what an awesome race car, with its low centre of gravity boxer motor, that has vice free handling, good aerodynamics, very suited to a track like Winton, would be good to see a team of 33's there, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Sheldon McIntosh

Enter your 33 Colin, and I'll job-share your role all weekend.

For those that don't know, Colin is a bloody trooper, he stands in pit-lane for at least 6 hours each day, checking that every driver has their wrist-band, and has their helmet done up and seatbelts tight.   He's a bloody legend, and the 6-hour wouldn't exist without him. 

colcol

Thanks Sheldon, just part of a very good 6 hour commitee, Neil Choi is the one to thank, he is the one who sends the emails out at 3 am, when most of us are tucked up in bed, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Neil Choi

Any novice or junior drivers (but have done at least 3-4 sprints) wanting to participate and compete in a team, you should get in touch with me.

Neil
0433 11 66 47

Neil Choi

Just another note to see if any competitors out there looking to join a team.  I can help, so send me a message.

Cheers
Neil

Neil Choi

Ok Racers,

In need of two drivers with own cars to join a well known team.

Contact me if you want to join this team.

Hint:  One of this team's driver drove a plain old ordinary car, sight unseen and untested and guessed laptime, and got many many bonus laps and the team finished near the top of the field.

Neil Choi

Please find attached the invitation to the traditional 6 hr dinner.  It is great value.

Neil Choi

Quote from: Neil Choi on September 08, 2014, 08:58:58 PM
Ok Racers,

In need of two drivers with own cars to join a well known team.

Contact me if you want to join this team.

Hint:  One of this team's driver drove a plain old ordinary car, sight unseen and untested and guessed laptime, and got many many bonus laps and the team finished near the top of the field.

The team is now reinforced with two three more brilliant Alfa drivers.

cswan

I'm interested in a drive I'd there are any spots available.
Member of the Melb. Uni Car Club with a Toyota Sprinter or VK Commodore.
Let me know if there's a spot!

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: osprey on September 21, 2014, 09:42:51 PM
website is a bit out of date  :-[ :-[

Ahem, yes... Sorry about that.  It's on my to-do list!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Quote from: s9810588 on July 30, 2014, 09:01:35 PM
I had a chat at Phillip Island to a couple of guys, near the restored BMW E30. Having such shot memory, I can't remember the names at all but do remember they have Alfa 33s and planning to enter the 6 hrs relay.

I'm interested in having a look how a 6 hrs relay event is run and happy to offer some help eg. holding out pit board, etc.

If still interested, contact me.  Or come on up.  You would be happily welcomed into a team to assist or perhaps assist the event by being an official.  If competent mechanically, could help out as a scrutineer.

Or if you want, I can find you a spot on a team to compete, I am needing a driver and car.

Neil

Neil Choi

Quote from: cswan on September 19, 2014, 09:14:23 PM
I'm interested in a drive I'd there are any spots available.
Member of the Melb. Uni Car Club with a Toyota Sprinter or VK Commodore.
Let me know if there's a spot!

Contact me asap on email or phone

neilchoi116@gmail.com or 0433 11 66 47