New Member - 1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Started by Meiang, July 14, 2014, 02:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiang

I finally got around to joining the Alfa Romeo Owners Club after 18 years of owning a Giulia Super.
The car is right hand drive Giulia Super 1.3 and came from Malaysia where it was delivered new in 1973.  I have owned the car since 1996.  It was a gift from my father in law who had owned it since new.
The car has been under restoration since 1996 but is still not finished.
The bodywork is complete, the engine has been rebuilt as has the gearbox, differential, suspension and any other component that could be rebuilt.
Every item that could be replaced by a new component has been including such items as 'trim, switches, heating system, speedo, tacho, gauges, wiper rack, window and door lock mechanisms etc etc.  Its basically a new Super.  I even had the number plate "Super Car' ordered for it.
I still need to do the upholstry and dash board to complete it. Plus fit the engine and gearbox, build the airconditioning system.  The car has been in a lock up unit for 7 years as I don't have the space to finish it.
The car has been painted a 1990 model spider colour giallo (really bright yellow).  The original colour was beige.
One day I might finish it.

Barry Edmunds

Meiang, welcome to the club and congratulations on your Super. Restorations are often a long process but the end result is so worthwhile particularly when it is Super. Sounds like you really done a very thorough job. Hope you can finish it off sooner rather than later.
I'd like to add your car to the Giulia Super Register. If you could contact me off-line I'll organise a Register form to be forwarded over to you.
Barry giulia105@optusnet.com.au