Started by Neil Choi, July 13, 2014, 10:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Hello all,

AROCA Round 7 Winton Sprint 24 August SUNDAY

Supp Regs and EF attached.

Neil

Neil Choi

Due to a mix up with bookings, Round 7 of AROCA sprints at Winton is now on 24 August.

Neil Choi

It has been suggested that we might do the short track in the morning and long track in the afternoon.

Short track is great fun for all except for those with big power but who cares.  The long track extension don't really do much for many.  The esses is so much fun to get it right and blast up the old front straight.

Long track will give those doing the 6 hr some practice.

So we might go with that format as it worked rather well in March.

Neil Choi

Last opportunity to enter, send me entry now to be included.

Plenty of runs scheduled, great value and great weekend to be had.

beavis

Hi Neil,

I notice you tend not to group cars by laptime, but rather by car type.
At a number of events lately there have been some very slow cars in the same group as some fast cars.

This makes achieving a smooth lap more difficult and dangerous than necessary due to lapped traffic.

I'd rather be grouped with similarly timed cars (some of the faster Alfa's for example) than with other MX-5's, as this would achieve smoother track flow.

Appreciate your input.

Cheers,
Brendan

Neil Choi

Brendan,

Thanks for your note.  Unfortunately, can't please everyone.  Over the years that I have been running the show, I have tried many different arrangements and received many comments and criticisms on all arrangements I have tried.  I do group by lap times in combination with car types.  In general, many like to drive amongst their own as they know each other's lap times and driving style.

I might tried a lap time arrangement next but again, I get the usual flack afterwards from those rather wanting to run with their mates instead etc etc etc.  Any other suggestions I will take on board.

Since you are the fastest, you are most welcome to join Group 2 amongst the faster Alfa (there is only one) and start up front.  I am certain Mick will love to have a run with you.

Again, I can't please everyone.  The only one I definitely aim to please is my wife, so that I can go racing on the weekend.

Regards
Neil

Mick A

See you on the track Brendan.

Try and keep up. :)

-MICK

aggie57

Quote from: Neil Choi on August 19, 2014, 10:27:32 PM
The only one I definitely aim to please is my wife, so that I can go racing on the weekend.

You got the leave pass then Neil? :)
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Brad M

Quote from: aggie57 on August 24, 2014, 08:03:14 AM
The only one I definitely aim to please is my wife, so that I can go racing on the weekend.

You got the leave pass then Neil? :)

He must have (or he ran away from home) ... he's at Wakefield representing at the VRA's East Coast Challenge ... I'm very jealous.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

beavis

Unfortunately, can't please everyone.
I get the usual flack afterwards from those rather wanting to run with their mates instead etc etc etc. 
I am certain Mick will love to have a run with you.

Hi Neil,

I think you are right, but it doesn't hurt for me to ask the question.
I'm sure it would be fun to chase Mick, next time I will try go in Group 2 for a session.

Winton went well on the weekend so thanks to AROCA for a fine day.

Brendan

lightyear