65 Giulia sprint GT RHD

Started by Blisso, July 09, 2014, 09:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blisso

We do have original engine was in the boot when dad drove it home from wreckers 000502

alfafarm

Blisso

One in  Tweed heads south i think he said

alfafarm

good old tweed wreckers much more interesting than the shopping centre there now lucky find

Gary Pearce

Congratulations Lynette, in finding John at Alfafarm. He is a nice guy and knows his Giulia's.
I'm sure your father's investment is sound as good restored Giulia Sprint GT's are fetching $50K and upwards. Because of their great drive character and classic lines I'm sure the future will be bright for these cars for many years to come.

1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

alfafarm

Hi Gary  Long time we are taking the berlina and 7 other 105s plus others to Tassie with us next year john

Blisso

Thanks Gary
Looking forward to it being on the road
Dont suppose ill find those rare bits like the the proper 6 bar grille emblem and its grey dash😕

alfafarm

The grille is correct only later car had three bars

Blisso

The centre heart we dont have so bought the next version 7 bar i think to go in the grill

aggie57

Quote from: Blisso on August 15, 2015, 03:17:54 PM
I didnt think there was too many RHD GT versions around anymore?? Or do you mean overall Bertone versions

LHD/RHD, from what I'm seeing there isn't a difference in value.  If anything the LHD GT's and GTV's are the one's pulling the bigger money simply because they are being sold in markets and in places where there are more buyers with deeper pockets.  Last year in Monterey Goodings got $93k for one, which was well discussed on Alfabb at the time:

http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1968-alfa-romeo-giulia-sprint-gt-veloce/
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gt-1963-1977/344282-stepnose-pebble-beach-93k.html

But that doesn't mean everyone will get $93k or even $50k.  I like this quote I saw recently: "Too much logic to the old car hobby will result in no old car hobby". 
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Blisso

I understand exactly what your saying and yes at the end of the day the whole reason for loving these cars is the wonderful experience they give you of an era gone by and not the cost to get there😁