Update from AROCA Vic.- Status of proposed Club Permit Scheme changes

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, June 26, 2014, 05:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

Fellow Victorian Alfisti,

AROCA Vic. are working closely with VicRoads and the AOMC to ensure clear, sustainable changes to the club permit scheme (CPS) are enacted. VicRoads, quite rightly, have taken a stand against less than ethical CPS issuers. To be clear, AROCA Vic. support these actions.

Preliminary outputs indicate a new standard (VSI 33) for determining if a car is eligible for CPS. It will be based on the current VSI 8. The major change removes the ability for a club to provide sign-off for a CPS via a club signatory process. This does not impact AROCA Vic. in any way, as we have always insisted on a RWC to support a new application for CPS.

The other major change is the introduction of a modified permit scheme (MPS) and plates for cars that have been altered outside, yet to be confirmed, boundaries applicable for the CPS. An MPS car will require a VASS engineer certificate not a RWC. Draft literature is sketchy on the boundaries between what constitutes a CPS eligible car vs an MPS eligible car. The draft MPS proposals that AROCA Vic. have seen are not onerous and would appear, at face value, to be reasonable.

AROCA Vic. have initiated a sub-committee to take the lead on analysing and participating in changes to the CPS and the new MPS schemes. Phil Nash and David Wright will report directly into the AROCA Vic. President, Ross Flood, to expedite decisions. Outcomes and proposals will go to the AROCA Vic. Committee for endorsement before being tabled at the next immediate club night for member information. The sub-committee, with Ross Flood's support, have committed to providing timely updates via this forum to ameliorate member concerns as best as possible.

The next steps are:
1.   Confirmation of the VSI 33 rules for the CPS system by VicRoads,
2.   Modified VASS engineer guidelines for assessing MPS cars (VicRoads have committed to adjusting the current VSB 14 guidelines to ensure a fairer outcomes for older cars),
3.   Confirmation of an implementation date by VicRoads, and
4.   Easy to use member information produced by the AROCA Vic. to support members in progressing their CPS or MPS applications.

Best Regards
Phil Nash & David Wright

alfagtv58

Thanks Phil and David, great work.

Happy to assist you if you need another set of eyes/ears (as I was club sec. when this scheme was first introduced and attended all the AOMC meetings etc)....not that you guys need it, sounds like AROCA have bought out the big guns for this one  :)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: alfagtv58 on June 26, 2014, 09:56:32 PM
Thanks Phil and David, great work.

Happy to assist you if you need another set of eyes/ears (as I was club sec. when this scheme was first introduced and attended all the AOMC meetings etc)....not that you guys need it, sounds like AROCA have bought out the big guns for this one  :)

Phil,
Thank you for the offer of assistance. We may need your wise advice and guidance when VSI 33 is revealed.

On page 3, second last paragraph, in the link below, it is quite clear that the current VSI 8 rules, that are currently in place and used for CPS, will be used for post 1/1/1969 cars. (Refer to the table on pages 4 & 5).

There currently is, and will be, wide scope to make changes to a standard car and still be eligible for CPS. For example, VSI 8 does reference and allow roll cages.

http://aomc.asn.au/CPS%20changes%20Seminar%202014.pdf

Still, nothing is certain until it is released and the detail revealed to all. VicRoads are intending a q3 2014 release. I see this as unlikely.

BTW, "...sounds like AROCA have bought out the big guns for this one...". Thank you for the pump-up but David is the "howitzer" and I am the "pop-gun".  :D

Best Regards
Phil

Evan Bottcher

I was told tonight (and confirmed here: https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme/proposed-changes-to-club-permits) that the deadline for club feedback to the proposed changes is this Friday 10th.  Phil and David, has the club provided feedback?

Also, I can't find any reference to the detail of VSI 33 - is this published yet?  It sounds like in the earlier information that VSI 33 wouldn't apply to anything after 1/1/1969, that the regular standard VSI 8 applies.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Ross Flood

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: Ross Flood on October 09, 2014, 12:34:17 PM
The Club has provided feedback to VicRoads today.

Fellow members,

I have just checked with Ross that he is fine for the letter we sent back to VicRoads this week is available to members for their review.

Please find it attached.

Please keep in mind the proposed changes are still just "proposed" and whilst AROCA Vic. is quite supportive of the proposed changes, we are aware of more strident feedback to VicRoads from other car clubs.

We will keep you informed as this situation develops.

Best Regards
Phil Nash