MY 116 GT COUPE

Started by 17fitty, June 15, 2014, 07:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

17fitty

Thought id put up some photos of my 76 Alfetta coupe AR116 0001690 i recently purchased.The owner i got it from brought it from Melb and drove it too QLD and started to prep it for Lakeside.All callipers/rotors and braided lines are new as is clutch master/slave etc.Iam wondering if anyone here has info on this GT in regards to original condition/what has been done to motor etc.He was told it had raced in group s in Vic?i dont think so as it had no rollcage etc when he purchased it.Also it has "Bride"   seats which are recliners?(brand new)which again are not compatible.(as is dash)
My plans are to remove the aluminium cage and have engaged Independant Custom Fab to instal full cage-.I will post photos of this process as Pete the owner of Independant Custom Fab is another die hard Alfisti and of course Fiatsco and hopefully wont mind a tad of exposure?????
Anyway heres the photos of it today..

17fitty

A few more photos to jog those memories

brook308

Can't wait to see the Gt caged Pete style!

John A Pucak

She looks good. A perfect project for a Group S car.

ItalCarGuy

got any graphics planned for it? You might need to start up a Scuderia to take on Yandina Creek! :P

Pedro69

Scuderia Turtle Creek!  :)

17fitty

Quote from: Derek Entesano on June 17, 2014, 08:43:48 PM
got any graphics planned for it? You might need to start up a Scuderia to take on Yandina Creek! :P
Will be a bit of a shame to sticker it but the black  on the rear 1/4s dont do a lot for me so yeah will put some branding on it----sponsors anyone.I got an offer from ceo Scuderia yandina creek for membership-might have to play hardball or learn how to drive more than one car at once to form my own team--

17fitty

Quote from: 17fitty on June 19, 2014, 09:06:17 PM
Will be a bit of a shame to sticker it but the black  on the rear 1/4s dont do a lot for me so yeah will put some branding on it----sponsors anyone.I got an offer from ceo Scuderia yandina creek for membership-might have to play hardball or learn how to drive more than one car at once to form my own team--
PEDRO nice call -SCUDERIA-TEAM TURTS--you going to join and you Derek?

ItalCarGuy

Ha! Might be forced to pay membership if there are Entesano cars bunking with you fleet in the future! ;)

brook308

Quote from: 17fitty on June 19, 2014, 09:06:17 PM

Birth of the northern chapter maybe.
Franchises available :)

Paul Newby

Quote from: 17fitty on June 15, 2014, 07:14:20 PM
Thought id put up some photos of my 76 Alfetta coupe AR116 0001690 i recently purchased.The owner i got it from brought it from Melb and drove it too QLD and started to prep it for Lakeside.All callipers/rotors and braided lines are new as is clutch master/slave etc.Iam wondering if anyone here has info on this GT in regards to original condition/what has been done to motor etc.He was told it had raced in group s in Vic?i dont think so as it had no rollcage etc when he purchased it.Also it has "Bride"   seats which are recliners?(brand new)which again are not compatible.(as is dash)
My plans are to remove the aluminium cage and have engaged Independant Custom Fab to instal full cage-.I will post photos of this process as Pete the owner of Independant Custom Fab is another die hard Alfisti and of course Fiatsco and hopefully wont mind a tad of exposure?????
Anyway heres the photos of it today..

I'm a bit late to this conversation....

However, your GT has a very low chassis number - AR116 0001690

Does your GT still have its Australian compliance plate? A low chassis number would indicate that it is a 1975 GT like mine, which is AR116 0001910. My compliance plate is 11/75.

If it is a 1975 model and has the original engine then it should be an 1800 engine (122hp) with an S code on the engine number, 10548 camshafts and Weber carburettors. If it is 1976 then it should be a 1.8 engine (118hp) with an X code on the engine number, 10520 camshafts and Dell'orto carburettors.

Cheers,
Paul
1974 2000 GT Veloce (Le Mans Blue) - Restoration project
1975 Alfetta GT (Periwinkle Blue Metallic) - Group S racer - Sold!
2009 147 Monza 3Dr (Kyalami Black) - Don't ask!
2010 VW Passat R36 Wagon (Biscay Blue) - Daily Driver
2015 VW Golf GTI Performance (Night Blue) - Wife's Runabout

17fitty

Yes still has original compliance plate with matching chassis number etc but is definately complianced 5/76?Engine is a 2lt .
Cheers for the info

joestram

Looks like the one I sold - Story fits the description too!!

I bought the car from Michael on these forums and tried to fixed up the electricals before I sold it for a modified gtv.

It definitely has a 2lt motor.

I also have some history that was handed down to me and didn't have the new owners details to pass it on.

Is this Michael?

Joe
00 156 V6 Monza
11 Mito Sport - Gone
79 Alfetta GTV - Gone
76 Alfetta GT - Gone

joestram

P.S It has changed a lot since I had it - definitely had the original dash when I sold it
00 156 V6 Monza
11 Mito Sport - Gone
79 Alfetta GTV - Gone
76 Alfetta GT - Gone

17fitty

Ney not Michael,but i bought it off(peter?)who drove it from Melb? and has spent a lot of money on it.It has been repainted(nice job) and i would love to see how it was before it was painted for history sake.I am keen to get it properly caged etc but am in two minds as it is an early one.Any history would be much appreciated