Hi all

Started by Andrew2600, June 07, 2014, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew2600

Just wanted to take the chance to say hi to all , my nane is Andrew and I was verry lucky and received a 1963 Alfa Romeo 2600 sprint (right hand drive ) car .
I got the car in boxes and I didn't know a thing about Alfas just to make it a bit more fun I'm not all that
mechanical minded but I have managed to fumble my way through and have got the car about 80 percent
done ,so that's me and my car in a nutshell I look forward to talking with you all
Thanks for your time

17fitty

Welcome Andrew 2600 and what a great project--want one myself...well done

Andrew2600

Thanks but it's turning out to be harder than I first thought just finding parts has been pricey and challenging to say the least but will battle on

massiveluvbuddy67

Quote from: Andrew2600 on June 08, 2014, 09:00:45 PM
Thanks but it's turning out to be harder than I first thought just finding parts has been pricey and challenging to say the least but will battle on

Hi Andrew,
Try Classic Alfa (UK), Alfaholics (UK), OKP (Germany) and AFRA (Italy). They all have English websites and have all the parts you need. (The last two in particular).
Regards
Phil

Andrew2600

Thanks phill I have tryed most of the major supplyers a lot of them say they have 2600 parts untill you try
to bye them only to be told they don't have that part ,but will keep trying but thanks for the help verry
much appriceated

Dario

Congrats.
Thanks to Phil I will have my own 2600 on Thursday. Been in love with them since Alex Kasikovic bought one new and gave me many lifts to and from school.

Andrew2600

Lucky you will yours be a driver or resto car
I had a resto man come out and give me a quote to have 2 Doores hung the price was 5 grand and
a weeks work,he recommended that I sell the car to someone that can afford to do it properly while I understand what he's saying there must be a way for me to get my car finished
I have never had the opportunity to drive or even ride in one so I don't know if I even like the drive of the car so I don't know if the car is worth the pain or hassell any thoughts on this

aggie57

Good on you Andrew - it sounds like you have a great sense of can-do and a really interesting story to tell.  Thank you for taking the time to reach out and we look forward to hearing much more as you work through this project.  The 2600 Sprint's are a gorgeous looking car, full of 60's Italian style and class.
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list