Italian Connection Trophy Rally

Started by giulia_veloce, May 14, 2014, 07:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giulia_veloce

Well,,its on again,,The Italian Connection Trophy Rally.

3 days of touring around the Albury area
Questions to be answered,motorkhanas,1/4 mile runs down an airstrip,food,great accommodation,nice people etc etc.

Friday=Albury,Bright,Dinner Plains,Harrietville,Falls Creek,Mount Beauty,Mount Hotham,Omeo,Wodonga,Yakandandah.

Sat =Albury,Barnawartha,Chiltern,Beechworth,Eldorado,Milawa.Myrtleford,Oxley,Rutherglen,Wodonga

Sunday=Albury,bellbridge,Bethanga,Dederang,Erkdale,Granya,Tan Gambalanga,kiewa,Mitta Mitta,ovens,Wodonga,Yakandandah

Lots or weird names for places,but places I have never been to.

Another great opportunity to take the Junior Z for a drive.

Mainly for Italian cars,but there are some ring ins

Might get to see some Alfa Club members along the way

Leaving tomorrow morning,(Thursday) and coming home on Monday.

Lots more Kms added to the speedo,but hey,,thats what I bought it for= to drive it and enjoy it.

Full details can be found by googleing Italian Connection Trophy.

Robert

giulia_veloce

giulia_veloce

Davidm1600

Have a fun time on the Rally, Rob.  Would be good to do things like this, but its a bit far from Hobart.  The Z looks great.  Cheers Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

giulia_veloce

Thanks Dave.

The Z is a great car to drive.
All 105 2 litre mechanicals and a Limited Slip Diff that gets shown no mercy sometimes.

At least you are close for Targa Tasmania.
And the Sydney to Hobart race finish.And  (I hear) great roads to drive on around Tasmania.

Just about time to close up shop and go to the Sydney Club night at the new Alfa dealer,,get some sleep and away early before the traffic starts.
This is just a fun event,so im not takeing it seriously.
Im going with my 11 year old daughter Tessa in the Z,,and just confirmed,,my 16 year old son Tim is going with my mate Joe in a Current Fiat 500 Arbarth thingy.

Hopefully will have a fun report on Tuesday

Robert

giulia_veloce

Well,,after 5 days away,,and 3 days of driving around Albury and surrounding areas,,My 11 year old daughter Tessa and I had a great time.The Italian Connection Trophy Rally= recommended.

Did the Omeo highway,and it bit me hard.
So many left + right and left and right + left + right corners ,,made me sick.And I mean sick.Spewing sick.The car never complained,and the front end grip was amazing,but the more we travelled that road,the more the sick feeling came in for me...Got to some Duck creek tavern,and I had a small sleep,but up the road,,had to stop to have a chuck.Got to Omeo and had a sleep for 30 minutes and a few panadols.
The 3 days of country roads was fantastic.The question answering was so cryptic,,it fried our brains.
Driving up and down those famous mountans was fantastic.Food + accommodation was great.
Did a few motorkhanas and 2 quarter mile drags.Did ok against an AMG 63 and Fords + Holdens with 400 + KW engines.There were many current Fiat Arbarth cars which go quite well.

If any of you like to see,,youtube,,, Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato Motorkhana,,,,, and watch the Z having fun.No handbrake used.
Added another 2200 odd kms to the speedo.

Youtube,,Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato Motorkhana.

Victor Lee

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

giulia_veloce

Thanks for posting the link Victor.
Was a lot of fun.
The Z loved it and never complained.
Could have been faster without wheelspin.

Robert