Windscreens! for 105, best deals available in Melb. Who?

Started by McAnnik, May 11, 2014, 09:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McAnnik

Hi All,  the title sez it all. I have finally completed the instalation of my GTj headlining. Now it's time to refit the screen glasses front and rear. A new front screen is needed so I want a competent supplier/fitter who is able to visit on site and install same. I don't know if top tint front screens are available but would prefer if can be got. Any clues to a AlfaWise contact in Melb. would be gratefully accepted. Yes, I could fit myself but! it's a messy job doing the resealing and cleaning up plus my efforts at making the old screen rubbers serviceable may not be totally acceptable to the unfortunate who may accept this job....................................There has been good reference made to O'Brians service. Any comments please?...................Ian.

Ash Gordon

try these guys - I used them back when I first got my 105 (2004) price ($190) was better than than the usual suspects. guy fitted it in the driveway with old rubbers no issues.

http://www.superiorwindscreens.com.au/
'69 105 1750 GTV White (SLOW work in progress)
'72 105 2000 GTV Green ( Donor Car)

McAnnik

Thanks for that info Ash. I have made an appointment.  It seems the price of Screen and fitting runs into about $300 these days. Not bad, I have heard of more being asked........Cheers. 

werdna

Who is your insurance through? Shannons allows for a new replacement windscreen every year (no excess). When I had mine done through them, it was shipped from Sydney and installed within 3 days of lodging the claim.
Andrew

McAnnik

Thanks Andrew, Good advice but I do not have any insurance at the moment,not even a "non use park and restore" cover. I really do not want to try to get a freebie screen by buying cover and making a claim. Pricewise not a lot of gain. the reason for a new screen at this time is old age of the original screen and it shows with glass seperation on the edges with moisture penetration marks quite evident. I expect the new screen to last as long as the original given the likely mileage to be attained in the furure, 90 days max and all that.I have not even made 45 days with what I have on red plates already..........

LaStregaNera

Shannon's Laid up insurance at ~$80 a year is well worth it when you accidentaly ping something in the shed through the windscreen... It wasn't even fitted to the car at the time :(
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

McAnnik

La StregaNera, thanks for that learned advice, I didn't mind paying the screen guy for his quick and methodical approach to my fitting requests. I had assisted somewhat by thorough cleaning of rubbers of all gunk residue and prior removal of dash panel and rear parcel shelf as well as front and rear glass. The interior of course was removed to aid the fitter access. As he stated when completed, "It was too easy mate" but he still took the tip I offered! .....