ROB ROY HILLCLIMB INTERCLUB CHALLENGE SUNDAY 4TH MAY

Started by Backto105, April 23, 2014, 11:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backto105

Hi All,

Calling out for anyone that wants to have a go at a Hill Climb.

Come and join me and be part of the AROCA team. No experience needed, no race car needed!
"Run what ya brung!"

Just need a fire extinguisher and helmet.
EVERY ALFA ENTERED WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE PART OF THE TEAM.

The more cars ... the more points we score!! This is Round 1 of 3 of the Interclub Challenge. All rounds are held at Rob Roy. This is a great relaxing day and very easy on the car.... and one of the closest venues to Melbourne.... just on the other side of Eltham. If you live in the eastern suburbs, about 20 minutes away.

Even if you are not competing, come along and cheer us on. There are burgers and hot dogs on site.

Below is the link to the MGCC site, scroll down to 4th May and save the Pdf or Doc, print, fill it it in with all the details and send off to Event Secretary ASAP. Entry fee is only $80.

http://www.mgcc.com.au/competition/index.shtml

Any problems, or you would like more info, please call me on 0400 525 416.

Further down, in another thread, there is a bit more info about hill climbing.

Also, here is a bit more history of Rob Roy.... going back to 1937..... many famous names have been up the hill, the likes of Jack Brabham, Tony Gaze, Bob Jane.... and many more.

http://www.mgcc.com.au/robroy/history.shtml

Hope to see you on Sunday the 4th May.

Regards

Mark
Mark Patane
Current
1750 GTV SII TS (105) (French Blue)
2000 GTV (105) (Dutch Blue)
2000 S2 Spider (105) (Med Blue)
1963 Jaguar Mk2 (Golden Sand)
1960 MGA (Old English White)
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign (Clarendon Blue)
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Conv (Sapphire Silver Blue)
2013 Jaguar XJ (Rhodium Silver

Thevak

We are good to go with an Alfa 33 (first hit out) and a 147.  With the 33, I am having difficulty with spinning the tyres on quick getaways. I might be fun but not desirable on timed run up a hill. Any suggestions?
1970 GT Junior 1300
2002 147
1988 33 1.7EI

colcol

Don't spin the tyres on your start, as you are wasting time, go as fast as you can without wheel spin, and do a burnout before you take off, to warm the tyres up and to throw all the mud off your tyres, Rob Roy Hillclimb is very enjoyable with plenty of car perving in the pits, and its close to Melbourne, not a 2 hour drive to somewhere, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Backto105

Thanks Col..... very good advice.

You will find the start line at Rob Roy is VERY slippery, almost impossible not to wheel spin without traction control.

Look forward to seeing the 33 and 147.... hope we get a few more. If you need any more info let me know.

I will be there early and reserve some spots for Team Alfa.

Col..... are you coming up... even to spectate? BTW... I have brand new Alfa 33 brochure that you can have if interested?
Mark Patane
Current
1750 GTV SII TS (105) (French Blue)
2000 GTV (105) (Dutch Blue)
2000 S2 Spider (105) (Med Blue)
1963 Jaguar Mk2 (Golden Sand)
1960 MGA (Old English White)
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign (Clarendon Blue)
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Conv (Sapphire Silver Blue)
2013 Jaguar XJ (Rhodium Silver