In Pit Lane returns

Started by colcol, April 17, 2014, 09:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

In Victoria, motorsport program In Pit Lane has returned, i have missed it, as it usually returns about the time of the Albert Park Grand Prix, the reason i have missed it was that for about 20 years it was on Tuesday night at 9-30, but now it had shifted to Wednesday night at 9-30.
The host is Brett Ramsay, who has been a Guest speaker at Alfa Romeo club events and was the special Host at our annual dinner about 10 years ago, Brett has a great sense of humour and is genuinely interested in Motorsport and always has a sarcastic comment about the state of V-8 Taxi Racing, his program is on Community channel 31, which is put together by volunteers, if you have not seen it yet, give a go, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

MD

Not the same subject but it is about pit lane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOJbM0aXZp

Perhaps the rules were different then and there was a nominal time allowed for all participants equally ?
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

colcol

In Pit Lane has now finished its block of programs on channel 31, if sponsors and funding can be found, it will return in September, Brett Ramsay [host] says he is hoping for a return on a Tuesday night at   9-30 pm, instead of Wednesday night which threw me, i will keep an eye out and tell you when it returns, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

According to the Age television liftout In Pit Lane returns this week at 10pm on Wednesday, but it could have been on for weeks and i have been missing it.
It is on channel 31 or 44 and is hosted by Brett Ramsay, who was a guest speaker at the Victorian Division of the Alfa Romeo club, it covers a lot of motorsport, not seen in mainstream media and covers state rounds as well, worth a look, Colin.

colcol

Next Wednesday, the 5th November, 'In Pit Lane' has a special on Motorclassica held at the Melbourne Exhibition Buildings, featured guests include 'Stormin Norman', Norm Beechy and the Daughter of the Land Speed records fame the Campbells, she has some sort of record for speed boats.
'In Pit Lane' is on community channel 31, watch it while you can, as the Goverment intends to shut the bandwidth down and transfer it to the internet, Colin.

colcol

The 'In Pit Lane' edition last Wednesday was excellent with a good look at all the cars at Motorclassica, including an auction of cars including a 1954 Bentley Continental that went for over a million dollars.
The Federal Goverment plans to shut down this bandwidth and force community channel 31 onto the internet, to free up bandwidth for other things.
If there are less TV shows like 'In Pit Lane' and 'Classic Restos', what are we all going to watch?, 'Big Brother', 'Master Chef', 'The Block', i have been to motorsport events and 'In Pit Lane' host Brett Ramsey is shuffling along filming it for community television, as i speak he is most likely out at Sandown, filming the historics, Colin.

hammer

Get a petition going Col. Make sure it's an official Federal Government petition and Malcolm Turnbull will be forced to table it in parliament. Surely most of the Victorian car clubs would get on board if you worded it right. Don't let the voice of the people be drowned out by the deafening racket of corporate TV!

colcol

I think i have seen on the channel 31, that you can go to their website and sign a petition, to stop channel 31 from being shut down by the Goverment, In Pit Lane has been going for 20 years and shows racing clips, but mostly has interviews with Motor racing people, the shambolic host, Brett Ramsay was a guest speaker at the Alfa Club a few years ago, Colin.

colcol

And last wednesday night, on 'In Pit Lane', Brett Ramsay had a story on the Sandown Historics and looked at the old Formula 5,000's and Brabham racecars and a talk with V-8 Supercars Clerk of Course and former Formila 1 driver Tim Schenkin, The Victorian Alfa Romeo club also had a display there.
And was any of this on the commercial television channels?, i think not, Colin.