116. GTV6 fuel pump relay need help locating one

Started by datwazclose, April 17, 2014, 09:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

datwazclose

G'day All,

My good friend ACT Peter is on his way to Queensland from Canberra and is having fuel pump relay problems in his 1983 GTV6.

Does anyone know where he maybe able to obtain this relay ether new, second hand or a good spare one he could borrow.   My last contact with Peter was this morning and he was at Armidale.

The car will start and run once he taps the fuel pump relay and he is mobile heading North to Glen Innes and onto Queensland with a little luck ;) ;) 

MD-Doctor Transaxle got your ears on good buddy? you the man in sunny Queensland. If your GTV6 doesn't start you know Peter as nicked you good relay  ::) ::) ::) LOL.

Peters mobile number is 0417 113 551 if anyone could help  :) :) :)

Cheers Paul Edwards   0409 237 132
           Alpine Chapter Inc.

105gta

Hi, I have a spare if Peter needs it, located in Brisbane but I'll be heading to northern nsw/ Murwillumbah tomorrow morning, could take it with me as it's on the way?
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce (WIP)
1985 GTV6 (WIP)

datwazclose

MD

Paul,

Just checked with 105gta who is meeting up with Peter at the Gold Coast tomorrow morning with a spare relay so all that looks ok.

I called Peter but went to message bank.

See what Friday brings.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

datwazclose

Thanks MD-Doctor transaxle,

Peter made good ground today, he told me the car stopped a few times along the way but sounds like 105gta has a fuel pump relay on hand.
Thanks for chiming in as always you are a great help.  Peter sounded pretty knackered after a big day, so he has probably hit the sack early.  lm sure he would like to hear from you in the morning.

Cheers Paul,
And happy Easter to you and the family, have a good one.

shane wescott

I think if you do a search on my name you will find circuitry to replace the relay with two smaller (and much cheaper) relays :-)
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

MD

Peter has made it to Alfesta at the Gold Coast.

The funny thing is my wife's 75 died at the Gold Coast with the same relay fault !!

After initially pulling the relay apart and servicing the contacts, it did the job OK for about a year and then one of the coils failed. After that I got the shits and simply hot wired the fuel pump via a fused simple common relay and it has never missed a beat since.

I spoke with Peter this morning and suggested he do the same if necessary as the fuel pump itself is testing OK.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

datwazclose

Thanks Mike, good to hear Peter is mobile and has a few options.

Shane l couldn't find your thread on the GTV6 fuel pump relay fix. Mike or Shane if it's not to much trouble, could l obtain a copy of you fix for this problem, as it's always good to have on hand considering some of the remote places we go.  Does this also apply to my 1989 75ts fuel pump relay? l have never really looked.  Thanks in advance.

Cheers Paul   

MD

Paul,

Chances are chances are..it's the same thing in principle. I think it's some Euro brainwave about switching the fuel pump off if you have a roll over.

The more electrics manufacturers put into a mechanical beast the complexity goes up logarithmically but the reliability does not necessarily follow in the same increments . ;D

Pet hate subject..

PM sent.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0