Auto Italia Canberra 2014 Photos

Started by Miss Alfa Sprint, April 04, 2014, 10:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Alfa Sprint

Hi everyone,

After a very busy week, I finally finished uploading the photos from Auto Italia Canberra this morning.
The event was a great success and there was a great turnout of cars, especially Alfa Romeos!

http://www.marisagangemi.com/Auto-Italia-Canberra-/Auto-Italia-Canberra-2014

The photos are up later than expected due to a major delay getting back to Melbourne on Sunday night. I had just left the event with my friends and was driving along Commonwealth avenue when i missed the turnoff onto the bridge. I turned into Kaye st but then lost power and had to pull over. Tried jumpstarting the 33 with a portable jumpstarter with no luck, then attempted a push start. Called the NRMA and after a 25minute wait the diognosis was that the alternator was no longer working. :( An emergency auto electrician was then sent in and he took the alternator out went back to his workshop to rebuild it then returned nearly 2 hours later to re-install it (costing me $600). My 33 was brought back to life and we left Canberra around 8pm eventually getting back to Melbourne at 5am. Monday was my only day off work and I needed to rest up, but I have been working hard everynight staying up late to get these photos fixed, sorted and uploaded!

So apologies for not getting the photos up sooner.

I hope you still enjoy them  :)
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

EZEE

Sorry to hear about the struggles to get home.

Well done as usual Marisa.....great job.

We'll be in touch for some pix.

Emmanuel

Mark Baigent

Beautiful work Marisa ... as usual! Lovely exposures too given the variations of light under the avenues of trees, outside under full cloud and then sun and then full cloud and ... and people talk about Melbourne's weather :)

BTW your breakdown story is extraordinary - the hero of the night would have to be the auto electrician - he took the alternator back to his workshop and rebuilt it on a Sunday night and returned it within 2 hrs!  Really? Now that's service !!

Serindipity that you missed the turn off - at least you were still 'in town'.

How on earth did you get around to every car and bike on display? You must have been clicking non stop. The estimates of 250 cars/bikes/scooters are way below reality in my opinion - more likely somewhere nearer to 400+ .... so quite an effort to cover them all!

As with Emmanuel I will also be in touch for some pics!

Miss Alfa Sprint

Quote from: Mark Baigent on April 04, 2014, 09:31:39 PM
Beautiful work Marisa ... as usual! Lovely exposures too given the variations of light under the avenues of trees, outside under full cloud and then sun and then full cloud and ... and people talk about Melbourne's weather :)

BTW your breakdown story is extraordinary - the hero of the night would have to be the auto electrician - he took the alternator back to his workshop and rebuilt it on a Sunday night and returned it within 2 hrs!  Really? Now that's service !!

Serindipity that you missed the turn off - at least you were still 'in town'.

How on earth did you get around to every car and bike on display? You must have been clicking non stop. The estimates of 250 cars/bikes/scooters are way below reality in my opinion - more likely somewhere nearer to 400+ .... so quite an effort to cover them all!

As with Emmanuel I will also be in touch for some pics!

Thanks Mark!

I was very lucky not to break down on the bridge! so missing the turn ended up being a blessing :) Yes the auto electrician was very good and friendly, the company was called Taunton's. While we waited for him to return we walked into the city and had maccas for dinner and walked back just in time as he turned the corner to get back to the car. So it walll worked out well in the end, glad nothing worse happened!

As for the photos, I started taking photos as soon as could and worked through each section and tried my very best to get every car and bike. It is always a challenge though when people stand in front of the cars, especially when i have a time limit to get around. So if i have missed a car that is why, but yes it takes alot of energy to get around to all of them. I took breaks in between and managed to get around it by 1pm and had some lunch then took the awards photos :) I should time myself next year and work out how many cars i get through in an hour  :P
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

colcol

Sorry to hear about your Alternator issues Marrissa, lucky its a good 33 with the Alternator positioned at the front of the engine where you can get at it, had it been a 147 or 156 it would have been up on the hoist for 2 weeks getting it in ad out and most 33 have a good old Bosch alternator that was used in a lot of Holdens, so most sparkies have the parts sitting on the shelf, when the alternator was fixed in my 33, i took to an Auto electrician and i smiled when they rattled of a Holden alternator reconditioned price, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]